Lake Macquarie

Lance.S

Hi guys :biggrin2:

Went for a quick flick out on the Lake this afternoon, & even though the weather was absolutely attrocious with the wind blowing a gale and the rain falling I still managed 5 average bream & also a handfull of undersize squire.

Most of the bream were taken on Pad Tue's & 2 of them on the new 5" ShortCurl cut down approx 1".

I also caught this weird looking little fish that when in the water had bright, almost luminous blue markings on its body, a forked tail & one hell of an ugly head on it. It's the first time I have caught one, just wondering has anybody else ever caught one or knows what its called ?.

Anyways Cheers,

Lance.

post-487-1126880205_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lance.S

Its a type of species of lizard fish. Possibly the painted lizardfish (Trachinocephalus myops). Loads of em up north. They are benthic (bottom dwelling) fish and behave in very much the same way as flathead. Very aggressive and an avid lure taker.... Really annoying actually. Always snap up your placcies and tear em to shreds with those teeth.

Matt. :biggrin2:

Edited by junglejunky

That's a grinner alright. I'd never seen one until this year, but I've picked up about 5 of them since then.

Good work on the bream Lance.  :thumbup:

67392[/snapback]

Swoffa,

They are a curse! Once you have caught one you always seem to get them.....

Cheers

Trev

Hi Lightweight

Because of the wind I started straight off using 3/32oz #2 jigheads & still found that it was a bit light then I went up to a 1/8oz #2.

Normally if there is no wind I usually fish them on 1/16oz #2. But this also depends on what depth I am fishing & current flow etc

Cheers,Lance.