One of those days.....

Dave_

G'day Raiders,

Well, where do I start?

With the nice weather predicted for today, we decided to give Stockton Beach a go instead of the usual breakwall sesh. Hadn't been surf fishing for a while and the reports have been awesome. I went and got some beautiful live freshwater poddies yesterday arvo and got up bright and early this morning and got ready to go..... This is probably as good as the day got.

All set to go and I walk out the front door (too keen) and leave the keys inside...locked out and no car keys either! We had to wait 45 minutes for my mrs' sister to bring a spare over. Bugger! Oh well, we put it behind us and got on our way.

Got to the beach and found a nice looking gutter despite the millions of tourists. I hadn't even set my rod up yet (I'm the deckie) and the mrs had a nice big Flounder landed on a poddy and my mate dropped another good fish. Beauty! Good spot! The day is back on track! Then, not 5 minutes later, the Mrs got badly crook in the guts....she tried to tough it out but she was busted so we had to pack up and leave.....damn...fishing trip was over...what next? Well......

On the way back up the beach access, there were tourists everywhere, all bogged in their little toy cars that should never even see the sand and they were all stuck on a hill so I had to dodge them all while keeping enough pace to avoid getting stuck myself (and I had to get the Mrs to the nearest restroom FAST!). I came up to 2 cars bogged side by side so I had to detour around them while keeping the pace on.......and I drove into a huge ditch and launched my truck and snapped a front strut! Couldn't believe it! Shocking day! I limped it to the servo and got the Mrs sorted and called the insurance mob and got my ute towed away.

I was 2 hours from home so I had to get a hire car to get everyone and all my stuff home....But we didn't quit. We stopped at the park to try to save the day and got a 41cm Flathead. 2 fish in the bag and it was time to go home with our tails between our legs. It was just one of those days!

Cheers

Dave

post-32123-0-09712400-1422183393_thumb.jpg

post-32123-0-55957700-1422183419_thumb.jpg

post-32123-0-91634000-1422183443_thumb.jpg

post-32123-0-88622900-1422183465_thumb.jpg

post-32123-0-40658700-1422183492_thumb.jpg

post-32123-0-72318400-1422183726_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dave_

Great effort dave! I know what you mean about the tourists. My record is rescuing 4 in one day! I don't go to Stockton now on holidays or long weekends. At least you got a couple champ! Hope the mrs is ok!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Cheers mate, it was certainly one of my tougher outings...

You overcame it with a nice Flatty.

I've had so many days like that, both fishing and work.

Impossible scenarios you can't avoid.

I used to take it hard, you've got to stop and breathe.

2 years ago the night before leaving to go to Paris,worked all day got the house and cat sorted,

I went around the corner to buy a beer, coming back the ball joint snapped one wheel lying flat on the road.

50m from home, it took 4 hrs to get sorted.

I was lucky it was a quiet street, it could have happened on Anzac Bridge.

Oh yea nice flounder too, I've never got one of the beach.

Ryder

It really did happen in threes didn't it. The Keys, your wife getting sick and the car getting damaged....... I got to give it to you. You still had a crack after the bad things that happening... That's the Aussie spirit Well done mate!!

Well, at least you scored a couple of fish.

When I first looked at the 3rd photo, I wondered what it was, so I expanded it in size, where I could see the poddy mullet, then I noticed a strange phallic looking object :074: , which I realised was your little finger holding the camera !!!

Well, at least you scored a couple of fish.

When I first looked at the 3rd photo, I wondered what it was, so I expanded it in size, where I could see the poddy mullet, then I noticed a strange phallic looking object :074: , which I realised was your little finger holding the camera !!!

Hahaha I noticed that after too hahaha!