Opinions on poor installation of a motor

Shaggytrevally

Dealer installs a new motor, motor leg hits boat step on trim down turning right and trim up hits cowling on the right side of boat , a number of other issue's as well regarding whole process.

Question would you expect to have the first service done free of charge as a sign of good faith for there mistakes.?

They are fixing the problem of motor hitting boat apparently incorrectly fitted bolt on steering rod, also bent trim lever due to being transported with motor up therefore damaging trim cylinder when trimmed down, also installation new motor removing all old gauges and installing one smart gauge leaving dash full of holes with no options to repair or fix!!

question is should i expect a free 20 hour service as a sign of good faith ?

Shaggy. There seems to be a lot going on here. Obviously if you are having gauges changing you must have considered how the would look?

Who moved the boat after the motor was fitted? Did they deliver it? I. E. Who left the motor up?

It sounds like they are stepping up and repairing all the mistakes. I'm not sure I think there is a responsibility to offer a free service but as bessell says. Would you trust them to service it if they are responsible for ALL the faults you have listed?

Edited by NaClH2OK9

regarding gauges i assumed they replaced one and that was it, didn't really understand the smart gauge would do everything. hence no need for the speedo, and trim gauge and old ignition .

The reason trim lever bent was because they said it was ok to travel with motor resting on lever this was not the case hence it bent.

I just would expect some kind of good faith offer being a discount of a the service or something thats all.

anyway thanks all for response.

Shaggy

Even a dumb ass apprentice would have known how to fashion a new dash out of aluminium plate and cover up the holes before installing a smart gauge.

Sounds like the dealer is just trying to get out of it as cheap as possible and not doing a lot for his customer

Why not give the suburb where this dealer is. Also their work was faulty so there is a guarantee that go`s with it.

I would contact the Distributor and complain to them about the work. Many distributors take a dim view on poor workmanship.

It adds up to loss sales as buyers will look at other motors where service is excellent.