This is why we do it!

Goanna54

Land based on the Lane Cove River at my new bream spot. I tried here earlier in the week at a similar tide time (mid run-out) for a few 25cm bream, a 25cm whiting and a respectable flattie, so I knew they were around. This morning after a few casts I thought things had gone cold, when as I was retrieving past some pylons, Ziiiiing!! Isn't that a great sound? The result was the fish without the gloved hand. Back in the water with him and the adrenalin is calming. 2 more casts and away we go again! Even better ziiiiiing and a bit of a tussle later this beautiful fish at 35cm! Unfortunately the back treble was pretty much cactus after that but time had run out anyway. Great fun!!

Gear: 2 drunkenmonkies rod

Sustain 1000 reel

6lb braid, 8lb fluoro leader

Atomic crank 38 mid Muddy Prawn

post-34533-0-42262000-1423016695_thumb.jpg

post-34533-0-40052700-1423016707_thumb.jpg

post-34533-0-69509300-1423016719_thumb.jpg

Hi Calvin,

I just give a couple of quick winds to crank the lure to the right depth, then a slow roll, varying the speed a bit as you go. I guess the lure is travelling about a slow walking pace. You'll feel the lure "wobbling" if you've got it right. Another thing I find useful is don't stop the retrieve if you feel interest, the fish tend to get spooked if you stop. Bream are very skittish, but if they want it they'll smash it and you won't be left wondering! Find some clear shallow water to practice in so you can see what's happening. I'm no expert but I hope that helps.

Cheers, Tim