Port Hacking

Yowie

Fished the deep out from Lilli Pilli at first light.

Caught the tailor on a pillie, a couple more bites but no hook up, then hooked onto a salmon. A hefty fish around 60cm, with a few jumps, then one jump next to the boat and the hooks comes free.

After that it went quiet, so I headed to Maianbar flats to pump some nippers, but the tide had come up a bit, so I had to wade around in knee deep water to pump them. Decided to hook up a nipper and waded about for a while for the 6 whiting until the tide became too high. It shows that you do not need deep water to find the whiting.

Drifted around a few places in the boat for nothing else, other than a 22cm dusky, smallest one for a long time. The fish just shut down for no reason, even the pickers were not about, so headed home.

post-13153-0-70487700-1423025091_thumb.jpg

Geez yowie! Is there any more fish left in the hacking??? The rate at which you catch fish, you'd leave a trawler for dead!

Well done :)

Cheers scratchie!!!

Thanks Scratchie. There are still fish about, you just have to find them. :risata:

nice bag of whiting there yowie, hows the water temp? any surface action?

The water temp appears O.K., though I cannot measure it. Up stream may be a bit cooler after last week's rain.

Surface action a bit quiet yesterday around Lilli Pilli, last week plenty of larger fish action, probably kingies. Near the end of fishing yesterday, headed up South West Arm to a squid spot, no squid but something of size was hitting the schools of whitebait, probably salmon.

Frigates are a bit late this year, should be here by now.

Edited by yowie