Shimano sustains

tyrone07

G'day fellas, just wondering if anybody owns one of these and is finding issues with the drag slipping or locking up at random times? Have had one just on six months and am starting to have a lot of issues with mine. It's still under warranty so I will send it back for a service but hopefully it's a one off thing

I have had a 1000FG and 2500FG for over a year of hard fishing now but they still feel as good as they day I bought them. I haven't had the drag issues you are referring to, however, I did have to replace the drag washer from my 2500 after hooking a jew/shark and having the reel spool spin so fast it was going to levitate.

It might be something simple like a misaligned drag washer. Those felt ones are very flimsy and if you have caught hard running fish and have taken them out and regreased them, then it's possible the integrity of it has changed. That's basically what happened to my 2500. The fibres started to come apart. I replaced them with carbon fibre ones and that fixed it.

Have used my mates 5000 flicking sp's at the fad. Hooked a yellow fin and never felt at any stage I was under the pump! Tried to steal it off him but he noticed (only joking)

Great reel, probably one of the best I've used.

Cheers scratchie!!!