Sydney south FAD

hookerbruce

Last year I fished for dollies quite a bit trying to break the 1 met mark. The best I could do was 98cm.

This is my 3rd trip this year and finally broke the metre.

Not a big fish when you see some of the ones being caught lately.

Came in at 103cm so I am very pleased.

It was a beautiful morning out at the FAD, warm water and a brisk current to the south. Water was about 26 and blue as.

Caught my fish on a large live yellow tail.

We kept 6 other fish up to 90cm and released quite a few.

Did a troll in a large circle out from the FAD without anything happening then trolled half way back to Jibbon for nil

I think I'll fish the river tomorrow.

Bruce

Used a 30cm yellowtail on a 10/0 hook free swimming around the FAD area. the smaller dollies

were hassling the bait but a 90cm and the 103cm fish finally took the bigger bait.

The photo may appear tomorrow, just have to transfer from phone.

Bruce

Good work Bruce, at least you have caught some, for me, none at all. (have not tried out that far anyway)

You catch a good range of fish in the hacking expecting you to come up with a Samson or cobia anytime.

Yes it does seem a long way especially when you troll out or back. If its a bit bumpy I don't go or I troll out.

Bruce

That's great mate congratulations on cracking a metre? How is it out there on a week day, any other boats?

Also can I ask what time you caught the fish? And what size leader?

I was out there last Sunday and seemed like they had all shutdown by 12.30pm. A lot of boats though. Visited 3 fads for 2 just legal fish, tough times

That's great mate congratulations on cracking a metre? How is it out there on a week day, any other boats?

Also can I ask what time you caught the fish? And what size leader?

I was out there last Sunday and seemed like they had all shutdown by 12.30pm. A lot of boats though. Visited 3 fads for 2 just legal fish, tough times

It is a lot quieter had 4 or 5 boats including spearos (they were ok took turns to drift past the FAD)

last sat had 15 boats .

We were out there by 730 still getting fish when we left for a troll about 930.

You don't have to fish on top of the FAD when there are a lot of boats this seems to spook the larger fish

and you find them up to 200 m from the Fad.

I was using 100lb jinki trace have on 15kg mono open face reel.

Hey Bruce, went out to the Broken Bay FAD last Sat and Sun early. Sunday was ridiculously busy, but heaps of fish.

Very happy to hear your technique for the bigger Dollies, bigger baits of course! Caught a thousand just legal both days, on livies, plastics lures....

Not sure how to target a large Yakka but i suppose any larger live bait would do, did you catch the bigger models away from the FAD?

Regards Toby.