Blue marlin friday 27th

boattart

Went out for a fish yesterday and forecast was perfect but meet with heavy rain and about 17knot southerly as we left Port Hacking. The plan was to go wide but around the 70fm mark it started to get messy so worked in closer for a while until around 10.00am when the seas started to improve and then started to head wide again. Water was green and cooler than recent weeks in close but started to improve around 75fm and by the shelf was 25.5 degrees. We kept going out to 400fm where it started to drop off again although I heard on the radio in 600 it was 26 degrees but decided to work the 100-200 fm area. In 170fm straight out from nowhere a nice Blue Marlin appeared and inhaled the long rigger and started to do the normal Blue acrobatics and after a short but intense fight we had our novice marlin angler his first fish at around 100kg he was wrapped.

post-12518-0-40696600-1425071534_thumb.jpg

hell yeah, that's a nice fish! well done

we were out yesterday off Sydney as well, we heard you guys on the radio calling it in. We fished around the Peak for a while then trolled all the way to Browns, At Browns the water was almost 27, good water everywhere and lots of current lines. In hindsight I think we should have stayed in closer where the water was around 24. We did get one hard knock down near The Peak which might have been a beakie but we didn't see it. All we managed was around 6 Dollies, the biggest going around 6lb and they were all caught near The Peak.

Peter

Well done Mark,nice fish.

I thought I heard you on the radio last Friday week on a blue at the shelf when I was at the 12 Mile.

I left Botany this morning at 6 to the wide fad for zero then trolled on to Browns and around ,again zero.

After Browns trolled back to the fad for 1 bonito then to the gap and along the wash back to Botany for 1 sgt baker.

Covered a lot of distance 150 Klms for zilch really but that's fishing.

Water looked good and temp from 23 to 25.

The chatter on the radio was quiet,some dollies and a black locally but every second boat in the port Stevens comp seemed to have had multiple tags.

Tight lines mate.