Murrumbidgee 3 Day Trip

FishingGuy

Hey Raiders,

Haven't posted in a while so he goes. Headed down to the Murrumbidgee River this on Friday arvo and we arrived quite late at night and had only some corn as bait. Gave it a try but nothing. Ou friends who had been there since 4PM had already caught one Carp on a worm and that was the biggest for the whole trip (Left in the Picture). Saturday we were up nice and early and the there wasn't much action. Headed into town to get some worms because the soil was as dry as the desert and rigged up.

We managed 2 of them on Saturday. Later in the afternoon I went to look for some farm dams to set the Yabby traps. Managed to find one and set three traps with beef for 20 mins and I pulled out about 25 Yabbies. Most were cooked straight away back at camp but I left some for home (Pictured) already to eat now. Just wondering is it okay to have Opera House Style traps on private dams where there aren't and Platypus or Turtles in them east of the Newell Highway???

Anyway caught the last 3 on Saturday all on worms. All in all it was a great trip and I can't wait to get back down there to give it another crack and hopefully try and catch a Murray Cod.

Cheers,

FishingGuy

post-33871-0-58412500-1426484166_thumb.jpgpost-33871-0-28826700-1426484168_thumb.jpgpost-33871-0-47205700-1426484169_thumb.jpgpost-33871-0-29459300-1426484170_thumb.jpgpost-33871-0-51114200-1426484171_thumb.jpgpost-33871-0-72117900-1426484172_thumb.jpg

Edited by FishingGuy

Hey Fishing Guy, next time you're coming down my way send me a pm and I'll give you all the low down. If you wish to target Carp I know some spots where you will get heaps, using bread dough. The Murray Cod are better targeted between Dec and Feb when it's nice and hot. The cooler water makes them more lethargic. I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think the rules (re opera house yabby traps), apply to dams on private property. Shrimps are always a good option for Carp, Cod, Silver Perch and Yellowbelly. I've been down the river today and got a heap of small Murray Cod and Yellowbelly. Anyway let me know if you need any more info ahead of your next trip. Neil.

Hey Fishing Guy, next time you're coming down my way send me a pm and I'll give you all the low down. If you wish to target Carp I know some spots where you will get heaps, using bread dough. The Murray Cod are better targeted between Dec and Feb when it's nice and hot. The cooler water makes them more lethargic. I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think the rules (re opera house yabby traps), apply to dams on private property. Shrimps are always a good option for Carp, Cod, Silver Perch and Yellowbelly. I've been down the river today and got a heap of small Murray Cod and Yellowbelly. Anyway let me know if you need any more info ahead of your next trip. Neil.

Cheers Mate,

Sent you a PM mate.

Cheers,

FishingGuy

You didnt eat the carp did you?

Actually carp is not that bad for eating. Deep fried in bread crumbs like schnitzel with potato salad. In many European countries it is considered above the average taste. Because it is oily best size is between 2-2.5kg. And fighting qualities of carp are second to none.

once again raiders, Carp is not as bad as some people think, an old mate from bangladesh that opened up a restaurant here in sydney used to go to flemington markets and buy the largest carp he could find , the fish was cut into cutlets, fried then placed in a curry sauce for about 10 minutes, it was good without any real strong muddy taste to it, the only problem with Carp is the bones . try it .