Bream and flatties in canal

Sydney_fisho

Me and my mate Irvin thought we will have a crack and fish iron today as we had no other plans and havnt fishing it in ages, just I got there I got a little flatty but that was no surprise, couple casts after I decided to cast along the rock wall to see if there was some nice bream, well sure was! It smashed the grubZ 2 times before I hooked on on a slow shakin retrieve he went 32cm but a very thick fish.
Just after I released Irvin got here and he was flicking an Eco gear sx40, we moved along the wall again and straight away I was on straight away again but this time a 30cm, cast up the Rockwall again and what do u think, I hook up again and this was about 33cm and straght after Irvin hooked up but was only about 25cm, and so on kept getting just legals so we persisted on the walkway ledges and I hooked up again, 30cm came up and Irvin was sick of not cathing fish so he wanted to try my new rod and reel (custom samurai and 2004 luvias) and first cast he hooked a good 60cn flattie which got my lure down his gob very well!

After that was a bit of a break on the action so we walked up the canal as far as we could go (around 500m) and we persisted and tried to play around but we still got stuck into some bream on the same lures and Irvin hooked a flatty, he was trying to get the lure out of its mouth and the flatty shook it's head and he got the trebles in him while the flatty was flopping digging the hooks in even more, we got it out and now he hates flatties. Just more small bream after that than Seamus and Gianni came and we all got 1-2 small flatties in the canal and that was our day! Pretty good day at iron except when Irvin got the lure in him, payback for when he done that to me!!

I am still new to this site so I will be getting Seamus or Gianni to be posting up the photos tomorrow morning

Cheers sydney_fisho

So... how come these boys aren't out and about making a nuisance of themselves?

You know, hanging around the park wrecking the park equipment, spray painting the walls

upsetting the younger kids in the parks and their mothers by swearing and carrying on, pinching other kids bikes,

leaving rubbish around the place and generally not giving a rats about anybody else...

Only kidding of course!

What fine examples they set for others. I can't help but think that fishing is a key element in grounding young people and giving them a sense of

appreciation for the environment , themselves and other people around them.

Keep it up boys!

Awesome stuff boys! What a way to spend the day. Walking along throwing sp's and landing some quality fish. If I had access to be able to do what you guys do when I was a kid, my parents definitely would have reported me missing! Lol

Keep it up :)

Cheers scratchie!!!

what days do you boys normally go? thats my local been going there for years surpised ive never bumped into you lot :)

I normally go after school some days but not all the time and on the weekends

Now that holidays are coming up, in the holidays we go fishing just about every day but in spare time I go down there cause I live very close

Pm me next time u head down there

I normally go after school some days but not all the time and on the weekends

Now that holidays are coming up, in the holidays we go fishing just about every day but in spare time I go down there cause I live very close

Pm me next time u head down there

Will do matey, i remember seeing one of you boys fishing down at husskison, think seamus was his name or fishraider name.

i normally go on Thursdays/friday for a little flick as i work in the area