oldandgrey

Wow what a fish. First of all congrats on a very nice catch. Second great work with a nice release. Thats what makes it all worth it.

Any other photos. This ine just doesnt do a croc like that justice haha.

Cheers

Well stupidly I did not think of photos. the adrenaline was coursing from having had quite a fight and then no landing net. I managed to pull it up onto the steps when my line broke. Managed to grab him by hand before he realised he was free.

This is th only other piccy I took

post-21546-0-35373700-1428225595_thumb.jpg

Great work on the release. Thats a good size Dusky. There used to be plenty that size in the harbour 25/30 years ago. Thats when I got my PB of 108cm which i kept because i did not understand the importance of releasing these experienced breeders. To everyone who releases these big female fish you can be assured that you are helping to stop the massive decline of this species in our heavily populated areas.

happy easter........

Great fish and well done on the release! I caught and kept one in 2006 that went 96cm not long after I strated targeting flatties and I quickly made a vow to release anything above 65cm after realising how important releasing the breeders is. I've since caught and released well over 30 fish above 65cm including 3 in the 90s and I've caught plenty of smaller models for a feed in the mix!

Guest 4myson

Congratulations on the great cacth & well done on the release . Good to hear that there are people out there willing to release their Prized cacth !!

Thats a lot of fish and chips......

I kid...I kid. Surpised that there are any that big there being so heavily fished plus my understanding is that they are territorial so she would have spent years around that area.