Meadowbank Session last night 09.04.2015

ParraBarra Man

Lads, had a quick session at Meadowbank last night. Got there around 20:00 and sent out a whole squid on my beach rod, Ive been practising launching heavy sinkers with it at the local park here in Parra and managed to get it past the second bridge pillion about 120m. Set the drag on that and stuck it in my rod holder.

I got some poppers sent over from Korea recently so decided to try them out, I lost 6 poppers, didn’t feel a hit once just a flash on the surface and then no weight. I was so mad about that but decided to reel in the beach rod to check the bait and re-cast.

The whole squid was gone, I had it gang hooked and the drag set reasonable tight??

My mate reckons it was leather jackets but I reckon there must have been tailor, what leather jacket chases poppers and resides in Meadowbank ffs? Especially when its fresh as it is after the recent rains.

Apologies for the lacklustre maiden report boys, thinking of heading out this weekend to make up for it, chase my losses like a pokie addict haha

They were most definitely tailor. You don't loose too many poppers to small choppers so there might have been some bigger models there that night.

It's always a real downer when good bait goes to waste - probably torn to bits by pickers. I assume you caught the squid, so at least you were able to catch your own fresh bait.

Agreed

I can't stop laughing at the thought of leather jacket chasing my poppers while I high speed retrieve it.

I think my cousin is on the water today so hopefully will have some pictures of his catches. ..