Clyde river help

daniel ogden

Hey guys this is one of my first posts. I love the forum and love fishing. So i am heading to depot beach tomorrow for some camping and fishing therapy in my school holidays. I will be targeting snapper off the beach in my kayak and flathead and bream in the clyde. Never fished either of these spots and was just wondering weather anyone who has fished these spots could give me a bit of a hand with spots, baits and lures for these species, especially snapper because i havent targeted them before. Its greatly appreciated guys, cheers.

I have camped at depot a few times amazing place..

Haven't had much luck on the rod land based but I have speared and dived there

I would recommend following the rocks out to the right then from there to the island has snapper kings everything really, in close there is thousands ok

Rocks to left of the beach are also good, bug don't be scared to moved off them 100m of more, seen many good mowies

I have had two trips in March to the Clyde and has been horrible barley a bite

Hi daniel,

The snapper are moving in close and there have been good catches from the rocks recently. Try some soft plastics from the yak and you should be in with a chance. The sea has been very rough lately but should settle tomorrow with some luck.

The clyde river can be a mystery at times. With the rain we've had recently try the lower reaches from the bridge to the oyster leases. There have been some good bream around but lots of small tailor which may give your lures a hard time. Good luck....

dave