Wet Weekend ... Whats your Strategy?

fisho.sid

Hi All

With a wet weekend forecast, is anyone still going out? What's your strategies?

From my last experience, it was a full moon, it was wet and i caught some breambos. So for me it was a good adventure, but must admit the rain is very annoying.

I'll be interested to know whether anyone has any thoughts/strategies?

Thanks

Hi mate,

Tomorrow morning looks ok. Just checked willy weather myself, it predicts late rain with 55% chance of 1-5mm, I'm taking the tinny out early (with no rain cover) to do some trolling and snapper fishing so hope they are right!

Sunday not looking good at all though.... wind will be up to 30knots southerly by lunch, swell picking up to 2.5m (4.5m by tuesday) and 85% chance of 10-15mm rain!

I'm heading out early and stayin in close!

Guest no one

I'd be more worried about the swell coming in on Sunday than the rain... I won't be going out due to commitments but if I was I'd just run my bilge pump every 10 mins or so.

I'm hoping to stay inside the bay and target bread and butter species early Saturday. I have a baby coming soon so I have to start saving money and can't afford the petrol for offshore and trolling.l :(

Tho, I've realised them mac tuna I caught last month are awesome reusable baits. Almost everything and anything eats them

Fished from 7:30 - 4:30 on a hire boat from Como, fishes the flats next to the rail bridge and got a fatty and a bream, moved all the way up to oyster bay where we got a couple of whiting and bream and finally back to a little bay near Como where we pulled up a 32cm bream and a 35cm sting ray - that was fun on light gear!!

Pulled a total of 20ish fish up over the day, most around 20cm though.

We are pretty novice at this fishing thing though so better location choice and stuff would likely yield better results... We just stopped randomly at mouths of bays and threw the anchor down and dropped some baits.

I thought about going to Windang but pulled the pin at the last minute.

I stayed home and made a new berley pot and a heap of berley to go with it instead.

And did some work on the car.

Next time.

Not my pb, bloody missus pulled it in... Can I still claim it if I rigged the line and put the bait on?

It's the bigges fish we've ever pulled in, put up a good fight, quite a rush!

Was $140 for a full day in a canopy boat, open tops are a touch cheaper.