Drummer and Carp over the weekend

thefisherman6784

G'day raiders

Friday night I got dropped off to Jordan's (sydney_fishos) house to sleep over for an early morning to a rock spot a bit past port hacking

Up at around 6 and got to our spot just after 7

Very dirty water but there where a few tailor around but got none apart from one hook up

Headed to a little drummer spot and pulled about 40 drummer between 4 people ranging from 10-30cm and the most fun on 1-2kg gear

Got busted off by some nice ones too

post-33634-14300402485591_thumb.jpg

Anyway got back to Jordan's and went for carp for the rest of the arvo and I pulled the hooks on 2 and landed one

post-33634-14300399844764_thumb.jpg

post-33634-14300400029212_thumb.jpg

The next morning we hit the lakes again for more carp and Jordan's little brother pulled a really fat carp pushing 70cm and about 5kg+

post-33634-14300400966927_thumb.jpg

I pulled a few more hooks and eventually landed another around 60cm

post-33634-14300401418835_thumb.jpg

post-33634-14300401946483_thumb.jpg

And that's it for my weekend

Thanks for reading

Cheers Gianni

Wow 40 drummer - never heard of anyone getting that many even amongst 4 fishers. Unusual to get so many small ones - what were you using for bait? Did you burley much?

Ye that's what I thought

No burley

There where about 5 spots so we kept moving and stuff and Ye caught heaps

A lot of fun

Caught on chicken and squid

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

those carp are awesome... i think i need to start getting onto them... where did you guys catch them?

Thanks mate

Western Sydney

Where did you guys go for the carp, have a 7yr & 9yr who would love to have a crack at some, also what do you do with them once caught?

They are awesome fun to catch

Caught in Western Sydney

Great catch? Where about are there rock fishing pass port hacking? I fish wallys wharf and lilli pilli but never know where for rock fishing pass the hacking. :)

Coal cliff mate

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That last picture with the shopping center in the background i recognize be careful boys council rangers can fine you. No fishing allowed

i actually had a conversation with one of the rangers and he didn't seem to mind us fishing. he was actually asking me about how to fish there like he wanted to have a go