help need with my quintrex

stevex

Hey all i have a quintrex and i cracked my plastic dash reversing it into my garage just wondering if anyone knows any plastic moulders that may be able to make me a new dash as apprently quintrex dont make that part anymore

I have a quintrex spirit 5.4 and i have hinges on my windscreen so i can pull it down so it fits in my garage and only the plastic dash sticks up ive reversed it 100s of times in the shed no worries but this one time i hit it and trying to figure out how to put pics up

Another option is glueing,filling,sanding & painting.I use to do bumpers,spoilers,hubcaps etc when I was in the painting game on luxury cars like Merc,s,BMW,s,Audis etc.

Most of them owners are fussy xxxtards that would pick the smallest thing when going over the finished job,but never could tell the difference.Any good panel beating shop will be able to repair it for you.

The automotive stores carry everything you'll need to diy if your that way inclined.

Another option is glueing,filling,sanding & painting.I use to do bumpers,spoilers,hubcaps etc when I was in the painting game on luxury cars like Merc,s,BMW,s,Audis etc.

Most of them owners are fussy xxxtards that would pick the smallest thing when going over the finished job,but never could tell the difference.Any good panel beating shop will be able to repair it for you.

The automotive stores carry everything you'll need to diy if your that way inclined.

Might be a little project you could help Steve with and post up some pictures in the workshop....just a thought

Might be a little project you could help Steve with and post up some pictures in the workshop....just a thought

Mate I'd love to,but I'm finding it hard to find the time to do my own jobs around the place with family commitments,work etc let alone get out for a fish.

If Steve would like me to walk him through what I would do I'd be happy to help,just shoot me a pm.But like I said a photo is a huge help otherwise ill be working blindfolded.

Any monkey can wield a spray gun or aerosol can,its the preparation and attention to detail that separates the good painters with the bad.

Laying down the paint is the easy part.

Guest 4myson

If you find out that the part is obsolete (no longer available ) you can repair it near enough to use to form a fiberglass mould out of , then you can recreate a Brand New one out of Fiberglass which will be more Durable & last forever as that plastic one looks quite thin ..

You'll have trouble finding a 3d-printer large enough for that (you'd need to 3D Model it before hand anyway).

The issue with 3D Printing old car parts is its still just plastic, the way it works means the material used must be able to melt at a realistic temperature - so none of the parts would do very well on an engine.

They are 3D Printing various body parts now though, I think ears were being printed as it was cheap and easy to scan the remaining ear, mirror the object and print it in a latex-like material.

3D printing is awesome for custom 1-off stuff, it just has its limitations and can be damn slow.

There were doing printing with metal too and a laser I think to melt the metal

I think they wanted it for the space station as dropping your spanner in

space is a bit annoying for them. They were having to over come the issue

of printing in zero gravity too.

Still, those "home" 3-D printers are just about afordable. Anyone used one to print

a lure?

looks like someone has already thought of that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nqrww20TfBo

Edited by antonywardle

The lazer and metal printer is a little beyond the reach of most I think - I don't know of any companies that would have one available either!

I had a 3D Printer for a little while - Its interesting to say the least, its only after I got rid of it that I realised how many things I could print with it :P

Lures would be good, you would have to be careful of the fill rate and the mounting holes for trebles so they didn't just break off.

Oh the way he did it in that video was clever, just a hole for the line to go through and tie the treble off on the end!