Snapper fishing , Whyalla , Winery visits

Geoff

Flying to Adelaide on Saturday with 5 other guys , pick up a van then off to Whyalla , got a charter booked to fish for Shapper on Monday ..

The weather is looking a bit sus but hope we hook into some fish , well at least 1 good one we can keep for dinner.

Heading back to Adelaide on Tuesday stopping for a day or so at Clare , Barrossa & Mclaren Vale to check out the local products before flying home on Saturday

Should be good fun , hope i can remember it when i get home

Geoff

i have famillyfriends in Mclaren vale - there most recent trip they took their daughtesr boyfriend for his first go at fishing from a boat - first hit he caught a 12kg snapper was massive - most fish they catch dont fit in a pan normally in the BBQ only -

so have fun hopefully the weather plays nice..

Geoff, South Australia has to be among the best spots for snapper. I haven't been as far as Whyalla but have got some big ones near Wedge Island and also Cape Jervis. Last time we went we got a 91 and 92 cm with my first 2 drops. We got our limit and ended up chasing KGW, Salmon and Snook for a bit more fun. Good luck and make sure you have plenty of porridge before you head out. Will look forward to your reports, so try to remember what you did. Cheers, Neil.

We were due to fish last Monday , the weather turned vey nasty on Sunday night & the charter was canceled so we packed up on Monday morning & headed for the wineries in Clare valley.

No fishing but over the following 4 days visited lots of wineries & tried their products.

Geoff