Narrabeen Lagoon 2.5.15

ssalty

Hi Raiders,

Recently i have been concentrating all my efforts fishing the beach and rocks for absolutely zero success after 5 recent outings, Itching go for a fish today and conditions ruling out a beach or rock fish i decided to hit my local lagoon. Got everything ready then jumped in the car for the 5 minute drive. After my drive and gearing up the heavens decided to open up but this wasnt going to deter me after all i had my trusty rainjacket with me.. Starting wading around to my fav spot and fired out the first cast, a couple of jerks of the rod and a slow wind i felt some weight which at first i thought was a bit of debris until line starting peeling of my little sedona 2500, after a decent fight i soon had a nice sized flattie in my keeper net and for the record she went 62cm. Now usually i would release a flattie of this size being a female and all but because she had swallowed my 2 hook rig and it has been a long time between bringing a fish home she was kept.Also caught some nice sized bream, tailor, whiting which were all released. Got home and the Mrs's

comment was "Now thats a fish". Happy days. Anway im going to try upload some pics for the first time with this post hopefully it works.

Thanks for reading.

post-33348-0-94110300-1430551287_thumb.jpg

post-33348-0-78334800-1430551305_thumb.jpg

Guest 4myson

Great effort fishing in this weather we've been having . Nothing wrong with taking home a feed , Well done !

Top report, and reward for effort, as I know the weather turns most people off fishing when raining.

Its amazing how all the run off with storm water into lake has not pushed the fish out into the sea.

The high early morning tide would have helped push fish and salty water back into the system.

Were you fishing close to lake's entrance?

No Howsy was fishing down on the western side of Wimbledon Ave..

Trusty Wimbledon Ave!

I live a stone throw away and might need to venture down this weekend for a fish.

Trusty Wimbledon Ave!

I live a stone throw away and might need to venture down this weekend for a fish.

Its worth go mate, rain has certainly stirred the big girls up.