The Entrance in the rain

Stapo

Just had a short flick with soft plastics this morning with a couple of mates. Nothing to serious but there's plenty of fish if your keen enough.

Nice size flathead. One snapped my rod pulling it up the jetty. Landing net probably a good idea. 2e947c42560c8b5680a34e8a4febb8de.jpg

We let them all go as I said nothing to serious today. cca54ba56bc60cb73f5c68a216878a3c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Donna

The fish are there and easy fishing from the banks and jetties.

8lb braid and leader two to three inch plastics. Anything with a tail will work ok

Cheers Steve

Good to hear the place is firing.

Bad luck about the rod.

Any blackfish about?

Looking foward to the social.

There getting a few black fish but not trying real hard because of the weather. They will come back on soon.

Whats the water clarity like? Is the channel east of the bridge deeper or did the big wet just push the sand spit aside?

A bit of both Brad. The mouth is wide but still plenty of sand east of the bridge. Plenty of water for the black fish to come in. Water still a bit murky but improving.

Just checked the middle of the lake today- Coffee Brown... Place resembles a rubbish tip. Even saw a washed up syringe. On the flipside I understand why flatties are out in force - Creeks still have conciderable flow and poddies are out in there millions... I still have 3-5cm mullet swimming at the end of the street in 'whats left of the flood' puddle. Wish I took a photo of mullet fishing from my balcony during the flood peak :D

On a side note. When the waters were still rising/Peaking & water quality not yet severely tarnished - (the end of our street in chittaway point was 4ft deep). And being isolated on the property with only a canoe to get up the road to the cars I did abit of hardbody cranking around the flooded margins of the lake early mornings.. To my surprise small (8-14cm) Bream were on the chew consistantly in what would otherwise be dry land! T'was abit of fun concidering no power for a week and isolation :)

Well done Stapo. I was up there a week ago and was amazed how much brown fresh water was in the system. It needed the flush to widen the mouth of the lake. Can't wait for the colder water to arrive as it heralds the blackfish season.

Well done Stapo. I was up there a week ago and was amazed how much brown fresh water was in the system. It needed the flush to widen the mouth of the lake. Can't wait for the colder water to arrive as it heralds the blackfish season.

The Water temp has dropped dramatically with all the fresh. Although the lake mouth wont stay open for very long

Just had a short flick with soft plastics this morning with a couple of mates. Nothing to serious but there's plenty of fish if your keen enough.

Nice size flathead. One snapped my rod pulling it up the jetty. Landing net probably a good idea. 2e947c42560c8b5680a34e8a4febb8de.jpg

We let them all go as I said nothing to serious today. cca54ba56bc60cb73f5c68a216878a3c.jpg

long time no talk mate :) might go for a flick on sat morning if your around come down ! how many did frank get ? or was he after blackies