Where To Get These

nick_s

I am sure OTTOS would have them.

Better still a quick trip along the M4 then go to our site sponsors ABA and I am sure they would have them also. They may also be able to send them via post?

Give em a ring.

If you wanted to make your own popper heads then use an old foam rubber thong and punch out small cylinders using whatever size tube you need. A pair of rubber thongs in green from woolies makes a heap of popper heads for bass and cost a lot less than bought ones. You can shape the slope or cone shape using a craft knife or sand paper.

An old surfboard is even better this foam is super light and real easy to shape into whatever popper head you want. Both these material will take nail polish to colour them up go to the cheap shops go lo or whatever and they will have heaps with glitter in them make sure you take a daughter or wife or they will think it Mardi Gra time :074:

Attached are some I prepared earlier:

post-688-1127720275_thumb.jpgpost-688-1127720490_thumb.jpgpost-688-1127720982_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Trev

Nick,

the one in your picture, you can get them at Fishouttawater at Manlyvale, Ottos too I imagine, but I reckon they are too hard anyway. A mate of mine put me onto foam lengths of about 10mm in diameter, I think they use them in building to plug up holes, that is the best stuff I have used so far for poppers, for the flies anyway, the bass love them and they are very easy to work with. You can make gurglers, foam bugs or straight stick poppers.

thanks guys i went and had a look in complete angler yesterday...left my wallet in there too...they didnt have any ive tried making them out of pool toy foam but it just isnt working... i wont be able to get a lift up to fish outta water but ill give the ear plugs and surfboard foam a go

Edited by nick_s

Nick,

I tied this up just then with the materials I am sending you.

Foam Spaghetti salvaged from a dumper bin.

post-688-1127818787_thumb.jpg

Cut a piece the right size for the fly you are tying

post-688-1127818849_thumb.jpg

Tie on some flash and some polar fiber for a tail

post-688-1127818925_thumb.jpg

Trev

The material you have is from concrete pavement jointing material. its a filler that is pushed into the sawn joint in concrete roads and roundabouts. i have a small amount and have tied flies from them - no luck on those ones yet though. As Ken said, possibilities are endless though, bugs, poppers, etc.

As to the premoulded foam poppers at the start of the post, Froglies distribute them, so any fishing shop that has any fly gear should have them.

Adrian

Trev

The material you have is from concrete pavement jointing material. its a filler that is pushed into the sawn joint in concrete roads and roundabouts.  i have a small amount and have tied flies from them - no luck on those ones yet though. As Ken said, possibilities are endless though, bugs, poppers, etc.

As to the premoulded foam poppers at the start of the post, Froglies distribute them, so any fishing shop that has any fly gear should have them.

Adrian

69335[/snapback]

Adrian,

Cheers I was wondering what it was from. The guy was in the construction business he had a heap in all different sizes some as big as those pool noodles I got some for crab pot floats and for holding rigged leaders and gangs.

Cheers

Trev