hawkesbury after the entrance social

tide'n'knots

hi guys I met up with my mate joe on sunday afternoon on my way home from a very unsuccessful entrance social ( 1 undersized bream 1 eel and one large catfish! ) at parsley bay boat ramp and spent the last 2 days aboard his boat fishing the Hawkesbury, cowan and Brisbane waters. Over 2 nights we ended up with 5 hairtail from jerusulem bay and lost 4 others the first night due to them picking up livies on the bottom intended for jew, hence no wire trace! and during the day we concentrated on bream flathead etc and ended up with our bag limit of 20 bream (between 2 of us) 2 flathead and several large wrasse but only kept 2. Most of the bream were averaging 30cm including 1 honker around 40cm. On the way back to the ramp this afternoon we saw tailer busting up in broken bay and landed 7 in about 10 mins . They were all just undersize and they were all returned. It was good to catch up with several raider friends on the weekend and also nice to meet others for the first time but it was better to finally catch a few fish!

pete

post-8689-0-12953600-1432018788_thumb.jpg

post-8689-0-95685200-1432018818_thumb.jpg

post-8689-0-31700300-1432018893_thumb.jpg

Edited by tide'n'knots

there is photos to prove it now stewy!! lol. I cant believe I caught 4 hairtail! they must be thick!

I reckon you could walk on em if you got 4 hahahahaha....well done

hairtail are moist/juicy , soft white flesh slightly fishy but in a good way, i cant fish for them so i look forward to the winter glut when allot of them get trawled , the chinese and Koreans have special recipes for them that are worth looking for , also this year i noticed line caught hairtail selling at asian fish shops for $29.99 per kilo , way over priced but some people just have more money then you and i.

Couldn't agree more Pete! It feels good to come up with tight lines. Well done on the hairtail, it wasn't on my spot was it???

Cheers scratchie!!!

are you kidding? your spot is crap!! last time I fished there I couldn't get a bite! lol we found our own spot!

Nice haul of fish guys. I'm hoping to get out on the river Friday week with my mate to chase a few bream and flatties. Which section of the river did you have the most luck on the mentioned species?

we caught a few near bobbin head several around lion island and probably half of what we caught at half tide rocks in Brisbane waters. the idea is to fish the turn of the tide and fish very light with little or no lead.

pete.