jigged up a snapper

brickman

i have been very lazy off late and not willing to get out off bed at 4.00am

but with a report off kings firing at the peak we had a plan for Tuesday,hit the water at 5.30 straight to the yakka grounds to get live bait out goes the minced pilly burly and had the tank full in 30 minutes and to my shock we had kings buzzing the yakkas as we caught them they wouldn't take a yakka but would buzz them mmmmmmmmmmm we tried everything but the only thing the kings would eat was pilly fillets with a black fish hook on bait catching gear we had a ball and some very short fights zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ping

time was getting away and i wonted to be at the peak before high tide,well we were boat number 14 by the time we got there wind and currant raging anyway we joined the line up did a few drops with the motor in reverse mate hooks up and drops a good one bugger

the drift was a pain so the plan was i try to hold position over the kings and old mate jigs Neil hooked up big time and gets smashed on 80lb braid I was on the deck laughing my head off he had smacked his hand on the gunnel 2 times trying to get this king off the deck and got dusted big time watching a good mate have a full tany is golden

my turn to jig by the way i hate jigging as my stuffed shoulder is only good for 20 min then it packs it in 4 or 5 drifts later and i say drifts because old mate could not hold position to save his life i hook up good start to the fight few runs and i have him well off the deck pump wind pump wind half way up and I'm a little bit disappointed and call it for a just legal first show off colour wtf that's not a king when it surfaces I'm in shock with a good snapper in the net

we did a few more runs with live bait and squid for zip headed home with a grin and snapper for dinner for the next few nights the snapper was a tad under 5kg

cheers gary

post-6655-0-12362000-1432107282_thumb.jpg