La Perouse Squid session

Mischief

Hi all, this is my very first post on the forum, so i hope you all enjoy.

Started by getting up at around 430am this morning, packed the car the night before so i could get a head start on the traffic.

Had a mate say he would come but he was a no show so i left around 520am.

I was originally going to coal cliff to try for some squid and have a spin for any palagics but decided to head to La perouse instead.

So i beat the traffic and arrived at around 615am and the whether didnt look good at this stage. Anyway grabbed 2 rods my bag and my bucket put my rock boots on and off i went down the hill.

I tried a lot of coulours in 3-3.5 size jig with no takes, by this time an hour had passed and i had been drizzled on but no heavy rain. Time to try something different so i downsized to a 2-2.5 jig mainly in red/pink/white and that seemed to do the trick.

I ended up leaving at 12ish to beat the traffic and with some nice squid. I also helped a fellow angler get a couple, all in all good to wet a line even if it is by yourself.

20150529_074446_zpsaajcmqcg.jpg

20150529_122648_zpsqlnheddp.jpg

Welcome to the forum mischief! That's a great first report and congrats on a great catch. Certainly a good feed and some left over bait you've got there. Well done on helping a fellow angler too! :)

Cheers scratchie!!!