Overnight stay at Hacking

Guest 4myson

Guest 4myson

Decided to head out late yesterday arvo in the Hack for an overnight stay with my son .I thought I'd get him used to the cold nights in the boat in preparation for the Hairtail Social . We made our way to Gunnamatta Bay after launching at Yowie Bay . Found our usual spot & anchored up & started a nice trail of mashed pillys & chook pellets right on high tide . Not a touch for the first hour , But every time we brought a rod in NO BAIT ?? . Finally a slow bend in the rod which resulted a Decent size Blue Swimmer tangled up in the line & within the next hour another 5 followed . 4 were kept with a female & undersized male being released . It was time to remove the sinkers & fish unweighted for the rest of the night which produced 2 Bream with one going 34cm that fell to chicken breast while the smaller 29cm was taken on a pilly cube . Then Anthony's 3ft rod buckled over & after a nice fight on 4lb line a nice Trevally was netted . A few more trevs followed but released due to being undersized . By midnight all had gone quite so it was time to go for a nap . We woke around 7 & decided to head for a quick troll outside heading south . We managed 1 Bonito on a deep diver which we kept for some fresh Sushi as my kids love nothing better with a bit of Soy sauce . Back at the ramp by 10 am. All in all not a bad outing with a good feed to be had .

post-34552-0-98489800-1434270682_thumb.jpg

post-34552-0-02077400-1434270725_thumb.jpg

post-34552-0-68340000-1434270742_thumb.jpg

Nice work, not a bad feed at all there, and good to see the young fella is another doggies supporter. I think Buttsy and I will have to get some pointers on fishing the Hacking,

we fished there once, but being first time came up with a doughnut haha.

Guest 4myson

Looks like fun!

I imagine Anthony got the biggest Blue Swimmer ;)?

Actually he did , plus he got to wind in the Bonito . He was over the moon !

Guest 4myson

Well done bro! If I'd have known you were out I'd have come said hi!

Company would have been good .. We had Snags cooking on the BBQ , should've come past for a hot feed . We'll cacth up eventually ...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 4myson

Nice work, not a bad feed at all there, and good to see the young fella is another doggies supporter. I think Buttsy and I will have to get some pointers on fishing the Hacking,

we fished there once, but being first time came up with a doughnut haha.

No problems , I'll be doing a few trips into the hacking & Botany over the school holidays & your more than welcome to join us (since your a DOGGIES fan) ....

Guest 4myson

Not surprised, he has a gift haha.

Let us know if you want cacth up again over the school holidays for a fish & hopefully we might actually OUTFISH for once ....