Goin fishin

harold

My 11 year old son has nagged me to go out fishing tomorrow for 2 nights. My wife is in Singapore so it is father and son time.

We have been told of a place not too far from Waratah bay where there are all sorts (supposedly) of substantial fish including decent bream. It was pointed out on a local map and had no name so if it is a good spot I will see if I can describe its location here next week.

I am told we have to fish for Hairtail at night. That makes it 4 weeks in a row and while I like watching Jeremy catch the things, it is becoming a bit repetitive. Cest la vie, guess that is part of the price of parenthood.

If you are out there and see a boat called Eeyore, say hi.

Harold, If you can put up a map with a mark on it I'll tell you where it is! If it's not far from waratah bay on the right, that is the entrance to smiths creek. Good chance of hairtail there and some good deep drop offs. Further up is cottage point or yeamans bay. If you can get some live squid, rig them up and throw em out, chance of a jew there too!

Good luck,

Cheers scratchie!!!

Ok, the spot is half way between chassam point and swallow rock. Now the bad news is we didn't get out as I got hit with the worst tooth ache I have ever had on Saturday afternoon. Had the nerve taken out today. Not the most fun I have ever had. Chest la vie. Always next time.

Greg, not smiths creek. Go straight past and into the next large bay. It will be on your right as you go up river. You will come across it before you hit Waratah bay.

Edited by harold