land based flatties with plastics help please

stevex

Hey all I went today and bought gear to finally try catch a flathead on plastic can anyone tell me Where I can go and walk sand and throw plastics around to try crack a flatty I no anywhere with sand I have a chance but can anyone point me in the right direction to where uses reckon I have a good chance to get one any help will be great only wana catch one to see wat all the fuss is about with plastics only bait fish I have tryed plastics a couple times but never had any luck but I could just be fishing the wrong spots

Guest Guest123456789

You need sand flats and weed/structure. They need somewhere to strike from. Also help if there is a current hitting a ledge or a trench near a flat.

Ok good to no just gota find these spots might try where I've been told unless I decide to drive to the entrances cause there plenty of sand banks and current around there

Thanks might give that a go I bought blood worm looking ones and nuclear chicken ones sorry only new with plastics

I also go satay chicken, and get some strike trigger. They sell S factor separate now.

Put a good squirt in the belly gap , or just smear them.

If you're not fussed about eating the fish, there are plenty of spots west of the Sydney Harbour Bridge where you can easily get flatties on plastics. I'd be really happy to help out if you'd like a hand trying to get one. Sen d me a PM.

Guest Guest123456789

Ok good to no just gota find these spots might try where I've been told unless I decide to drive to the entrances cause there plenty of sand banks and current around there

The entrance is good. Hawkesbury is closer to you and arguably a better spot.

Hey mate entrance is a great spot and lately been firing. If yiu come up this way let me know ill be happy to tee up a sesh to try help out.

Also i strongly advise buying some Zman grubs in 2.5" they are killer

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Thanks appreciate the help hawksbury alot closer and do a bit a fishing that way but it's a big area and have tryed once walking potonga and never even got a hit but I could be doing everything wrong just waiting on a mate to get to mine then decide weather it's sydney or central coast I prefer central coast as I hate driving around the city but if I do try city way I'll inbox u adamski don't really eat fish so not fussed amd if I go entrances I'll get in contact with u camo1808 thanks again

Hey mate entrance is a great spot and lately been firing. If yiu come up this way let me know ill be happy to tee up a sesh to try help out.

Also i strongly advise buying some Zman grubs in 2.5" they are killer

Grubz are liable to get you perch & bream too even during the day at the moment

Grubz are liable to get you perch & bream too even during the day at the moment

They are just a quality reliable plastic. Havent ever had any by catch as bream when using them so hopefully this weekend when i hit the leases they may pull their weight. Fingers crossed lol

Id put my money with Ryder. Head to brays bay, no snags, easy to fish and you stay dry. great spot to practice and there are always fish around. Fish the falling tide (thats an uneducated observation by me though...). The only problem is you cant eat them...

Cheers