Potential big Ground swell last week June '15

JimT

Guest no one

Really??

To be honest, looks completely the opposite?

Edit: Also BOM is showing Western Australia is showing big swells but nothing in NSW. Isnt NSW is kinda protected from western surges as its on the east coast?

post-30931-0-90026000-1435194656_thumb.png

Hey jim,

You were 100% correct with the predicted ground swell. Just viewing from my window the past 2 days, the sea is flat but inshore is pumping! Just thought I'd give some feedback! Thanks for the heads up.

Cheers scratchie!!!

Guest zanderman

A wind swell is generally generated from winds closer into shore and the swell period will be at shorter intervals.

A ground swell is also generated from wind but from way way way out to sea and over an extended period of time and this results in more of the power from the wind getting transferred into the waves power. ground swells can last over long periods without losing any power.

Also you will find if a 1.5m wind swell is predicted it can be a lot weaker and smaller than a 1.5m ground swell.

I may be wrong a little bit but that is my general understanding of the differences.

Hey jim,

You were 100% correct with the predicted ground swell. Just viewing from my window the past 2 days, the sea is flat but inshore is pumping! Just thought I'd give some feedback! Thanks for the heads up.

Cheers scratchie!!!

:clapping: