hit sand

garfield28

Hi all,

Out on my boat and I'm in trouble. I hit sand and tried to get out of it but once I could see I wasn't going to budge I turned the motor off and jumped out and pushed the boat into deeper water. I stated the outboard again and now I have no water spout out of the outboard. Is it possible I've blocked my water pump with sand?? If so is there anything I can do to get the water coming out again?

Thanks

Geoff

If it is a minor blockage in the line it might come free by havingoyor at idle and adjust tilt and trim full cycle a few times. Keep an ear out for the overheat and don't go past idle. Consider calling marine rescue, as they'll tow you back. Better safe than blowing the motor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Insane video. [emoji28] The motor will need a serious flush out as there is probably sand sitting in the water jacket. Impeller may be the least of your worries but the most obvious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all,

Out on my boat and I'm in trouble. I hit sand and tried to get out of it but once I could see I wasn't going to budge I turned the motor off and jumped out and pushed the boat into deeper water. I stated the outboard again and now I have no water spout out of the outboard. Is it possible I've blocked my water pump with sand?? If so is there anything I can do to get the water coming out again?

Thanks

Geoff

Mate you good now? Last time i got a piece of thick fishing line and cleaned the spout or wire trace and water began pumping again.

Thanks for the help guys. I was stuck out there for a bit and was scared to start the motor incase I cooked it, but I took it slow and got back.

Thanks heaps for the help though all, very much appreciated.

This happen it me at Windang once before. No water was coming out, luckily in the tool box a I had a wire. I tried sticking the wire in the outlet but nothing so I took the motor cover off, felt the line and it was hard full of sand, i cut the line outlet i bit and then put the wire in again and sand came out, it worked, water started to come out again after starting the motor. Scary moment cause it was getting dark and didn't want to but suck out there with the family. Had to get the propeller fixed after as well.

Glad you made it back safely.