Bate Bay again

Yowie

Headed out today around late morning. Wind not too strong and swell had dropped a bit from yesterday.

Pulled out the fish over several hours, using fish bait strips. Threw back a few undersized ones. The fish were patchy, in some places not a bite so moved around a bit today.

All blue spots, no tigers at all today. One reasonable fish, the others not much over the limit.

post-13153-0-13932600-1439190908_thumb.jpg

Well done Yowie. I always feel a little jealous of your reports. It's a much better way to spend the day than glued to a keyboard and monitor.

It was a nice day out on the water, retirement is good.

good stuff yowie a feed of flatties is always a good sight

Flattie fillets are good eating, most of them not too big, but a couple of feeds there.

nice 50cm blue spot yowie, yeah i love the tigers and blue spot over duskys anyday

That was the last fish of the day, thought I had hooked a big one, but then realised it may be foul hooked. When I landed it, I saw that the line had wrapped around the body and the hook had caught the line, so that the flattie was hog tied near the head. Once it hit the floor, the line unravelled and the flattie was loose and angry.