First jewwies

thefisherman6784

G'day raider

Well as the title says, I finally got my jewwie I've wanted to catch! Here's how the day went

Me and Garth (momantai) organised a trip to head out to try get me my first Jew

So up at 5:30am, in the boat by 6am and off we went. Arrived at our first spot which wasn't really showing much action so we headed off to another spot. I was jigging the lure straight up and down keeping in touch with the bottom while Garth was doing the normal cast and retrieve

My mate texted me so checked my phone and when I went for my next lift I was on. Straight away called for small flattie, then came up and looked like a tailor, then while swinging it in the boat, realised it was a baby Jewwy!

post-33634-14414431842459_thumb.jpg

post-33634-14414431987104_thumb.jpg

Couple quick photos and was released

post-33634-144144326689_thumb.jpg

Then a few more drops there but no fish so made another move further up river. It was looking good, lots of bait around but only got a flattie

So made another move and a bit of persistence there and I got a solid tick and hooked up to a solid fish

It had heaps of weight, nice headshakes and some nice runs. Garth and I both called for a Jewwy. It was under the boat and didn't wanna come up, but then all of a sudden a big flash of silver appears from under the boat and my heart was in my mouth! Garth was a bit hesitant to net it as he thought it would have gone for another little run but it cooperated and swam nicely into the net

I was stoked, for my second jewwie I couldn't be happier

post-33634-14414435865161_thumb.jpg

post-33634-14414436043239_thumb.jpg

post-33634-14414436206087_thumb.jpg

It measured in at 64cm and was a very fat, heavy fish.

Then we moved to try and find some surface activity in between the tide change but found nothing that was consistent so tried getting yakkas to put out live but they where tiny and not even touching the baits so moved back for Jews

By now the wind had picked up which made it hard but we sounded one spot out and found some good marks and Garth gets a little tap and pulls up to another solid fish

Fighting quite similar to my one, just had a bit more weight and up he comes and into the net

post-33634-14414439262566_thumb.jpg

post-33634-1441443946436_thumb.jpg

It measured 74cm and yet again another fat and heavy fish

And that's about it for the day, we saw a few bust ups here and there but nothing consistent to cast at

Huge thanks to Garth for taking me out and putting me onto some jewwies

(Sorry for the long read guys)

Cheers Gianni

Edited by thefisherman6784