Kayak Jews and king

thefisherman6784

G'day raiders

After last weeks jewwie success I headed out again today solo for Jews and they did not disappoint!

On the water 6am first fish in by 6:15!! Third cast pulled in a Jew at 55cm but being solo on the yak is very hard to get good photos!

post-33634-14421385380509_thumb.jpg

post-33634-14421385506728_thumb.jpg

Looked like it was gonna be a good day

I moved quite a bit stopping at spots on the way to a spot a bit further but nothing so headed over straight to the other spot

It looked really good around there so stayed for about an hour and a half and bam, a bit over an hour at that spot and on the wind back up got hit hard

Fought him out for a while and up comes a 66cm king

post-33634-14421387295503_thumb.jpg

post-33634-14421387462729_thumb.jpg

Great bycatch and first king on the yak

Anyway, moved a lot to find some more fish and things weren't looking to good because wind was picking up a bit and a lot of current was pushing through all the spots so around 12:30 I headed over to another spot that thought would be worth a while to stay at... And it was a great idea!

Stayed there for a quite a while and with wind and current being opposite it was hard but lucky with the hobie I found a way to drift properly and after a few drifts, pull up to something heavy

It was a great fight and a lot of weight and I got very nervous at some points but when a big slab of silver came up and into the net, it was so relieving!

It was big and heavy too, so with all my power left in me I peddled as fast as I could to the closest beach or any land I could get on to get measurements and photos

As I was putting it on the brag mat, I realised some weed caught on its back, but it was actually a tag covered in weed! First fish caught with a tag in it, a very old tag too

The fish measured 80cm on the mat and weighted around 5-6kg

post-33634-1442139361911_thumb.jpg

post-33634-14421393875925_thumb.jpg

post-33634-14421393986719_thumb.jpg

post-33634-14421394178589_thumb.jpg

I'm absolutely stoked! For my fourth jewwie at 80cm is a great achievement and also first fish caught with tag

I scrapped the weed off the tag and got the numbers off it to call fisheries tomorrow

That was about it for the day

Top day to be on the water

Cheers Gianni

Mate that's awesome.

Your confidence must be sky high, and thats key.

King as by catch and a big Jew, what a great day . You will be wanting the metre next.

I know you've been trying hard for the silver, and It was a great surprise last week.

We were so excited for you.

This week you have blown us away.

Guest Guest123456789

Well done mate awesome catch and report. I think it's hilarious 1 guy in a kayak can outfish 7 metre boats with 4 guys aboard.

Great work mate. Really nice catches. As for solo selfies. Have a mount for a mobile phone then you can use a time lapse app that will take multiple photos for few seconds. Much better image quality than screenshooting a video

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk