Brisbane Water - The Silver Beast

Belligero

Hi All,

With a good tide and moon Saturday night me and my mate couldn't resist launching the boat and trying our luck or the 50,000th time for a jewie.

We launched at 4PM and headed straight over to box head for some livies. We did this last Saturday however with a swell of over 2m we could barely anchor let alone get live bait. This time is was slight different..SLIGHTLY. The swell was extremely low however the livies certainly were still playing hard to get.

After much effort, cursing and praying I managed to catch two horse yakkas. Generally we can catch 20+ in 30 minutes!

The decision was made due to the lack of bait to try our luck for bream as we didn't have enough livies to throw down. After some discussion we decided to try a spot that we have found to produce good size bream. After dodging all the fools anchored with no lights we got to our spot and were setup with and hour or so before the high tide.

Around 30 minutes into our session my mates overhead combo start to scream. This is nothing unusual with this spot as you can get a lot of rubbish fish ie shovel nose, eels etc. As the fight continued with a couple of powerful headshakes and some positive and negative comments on what it could be we finally saw that very sort after colour...Silver!

Once we found out what we was it was a mad rush to replace the net with the gaff. The fish was totally knackered by the time he hit the surface so the landing went smooth and quick.

After this catch and after all the yaawhooing we tried for another hour and moved to a few spots before calling it a night.

We didn't measure the fish however it was weighed in at 10.55kg gutted.

Cheers.

post-24014-0-21451600-1442264841_thumb.jpg

post-24014-0-75363600-1442264863_thumb.jpg

Wow what a solid effort and to obviously catch it on what i assume bream gear would of been in use.

Solid effort and very jealous from a fellow coastie trying to bag one ; ( haha well done fellas.

One to remember!!!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk