Port Hacking - a few tailor and flatties.

Yowie

Anchored up early this morning near Lilli Pilli and pulled a couple of tailor on pillies. Up anchored and moved around for a few more tailor on a metal lure. Had a kingie follow up one of the tailor, but he did not hang about too long. There were a few larger splashes, which were probably kingies.

Pumped some nippers and drifted many spots for the flatties and one small whiting. Also released 6 or more just undersized flatties, none of the flatties were too big.

The flattie at the bottom of the main photo is a yellow tailed flathead, lighter in colour than the duskies.

The flattie gear is a light spinning rod and reel combo, 6 pound mono with a size 2 longshank hook and a size O ball sinker sitting above the hook.

post-13153-0-50782000-1443665967_thumb.jpg

post-13153-0-69416000-1443666037_thumb.jpg

post-13153-0-80837400-1443666063_thumb.jpg

post-13153-0-46885500-1443666095_thumb.jpg

Edited by yowie

Great work as usual yowie!

Cheers scratchie!!!

P.s I edited the title for you (poet hacking?)

Thank you, must have missed it. I usually double check the spelling and grammar before submitting.

Great morning on the port Dave, well earned bag.

Fish should be coming on strong know with the warmer water

Chris. :1fishing1:

Thanks Chris. The fishing is finally picking up in the deeper water, tailor, kings and salmon about, though the last 2 can be a finicky some days.

You always manage a great haul! out of 10+ trips still havent landed a legal fish.

went on wednesday, my best ever session at the hacking. 28cm snapper and mate caught a 30cm snapper. and just baby snapper and flathead on nippers.

You always manage a great haul! out of 10+ trips still havent landed a legal fish.

went on wednesday, my best ever session at the hacking. 28cm snapper and mate caught a 30cm snapper. and just baby snapper and flathead on nippers.

The little reddies will take any bait, if nippers are on offer, they will swim for miles to eat them.

Nippers are quite often better over the shallower sand flats, less little reddies, but sometimes little tarwhine and toads will attack instead.