Port Stephens, Allmark reef?

tom_125

Hi Raides,

Going up to Port Stephens for the long weekend, anyone heard of anything happening up there at the moment? Interesting water off the coast at the moment, good to know if anything is in it early season Marlin or some Yellowfin, any reports of Kings at Allmark reef?

Cheers in Advance

post-31003-0-36936500-1443680714_thumb.jpg

coffs has been firing with the gamefish so anything is possible at Port. Almarks a long run. I would make sure there is not too much current out there before heading out. maybe ask the local tackle shop. Ive made it out there to find it unfishable if there is too much current.

Hey tom,

Sorry I can't help you with up to date info atm as I've been away. I'm planning to head our over the weekend myself, so I'll update some info when I get out there. I have heard reports of stripe marlin about two weeks ago but nothing in numbers.

As chewie said, almark is a long way from port!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Cheers scratchie,

Yer it is a bit of a run 25 nm, Might downrig some squid and livies around broughton early Saturday morning before finding that temp break and making my way to the shelf, happy to share intel if your heading out i will be on 21.

cheers,

Cheers scratchie,

Yer it is a bit of a run 25 nm, Might downrig some squid and livies around broughton early Saturday morning before finding that temp break and making my way to the shelf, happy to share intel if your heading out i will be on 21.

cheers,

Cheers mate. What boat are you on? We are thinking broughton or maybe seals depending on weather and current!

Hey mate yer bit of a slow start this morning squid hard to come by and nothing touching the downrigger, We decided to head to Almark which was dead as well with a couple of boats on the mark, so we set the spread and started heading south along the shelf about and after about half hour 10kms south of Almark we hooked up, an hour and a half later on 15kg we had a tag in him and next to the boat.

post-31003-0-28929600-1443865647_thumb.jpeg

Yeah good stuff mate. Heard there were a few about. Really glad you were one that got one! Well done champ! :)

We stayed inshore and managed a few pannies!

Hope you get a few more! I'm so looking forward to the marlin season.

Cheers scratchie!!!

Hi Scratchie,

I am up here at port Stephens for a couple of weeks and was desperate to go to allmark and catch a kingie but being in a smaller boat I need very calm seas and that is not likely to happen. I was interested in your mates charter boat going out there and might see if that could work for me. Otherwise I have tried cod rock and the sisters for kingies on Thursday for donuts. Would appreciate your help.

Cheers T

Hi Scratchie,

I am up here at port Stephens for a couple of weeks and was desperate to go to allmark and catch a kingie but being in a smaller boat I need very calm seas and that is not likely to happen. I was interested in your mates charter boat going out there and might see if that could work for me. Otherwise I have tried cod rock and the sisters for kingies on Thursday for donuts. Would appreciate your help.

Cheers T

Sorry mate. He runs private charters. There is no operator that I know of up here that travels to almark!

But there are heaps of raiders that come up this way and sometimes look for people to travel wide with and share expenses. Maybe put up a post asking!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Hey Scratchie,

Appreciate the tip....that was what changed my mind to make the trek out there yesterday and caught 3 kings to 88cm. A dream come true and my PB. I have been chasing a reasonable kingie for 5 years and I got 3 :). The key also was first light as they went off the bite around 830. I visit port Stephens each year with the family and it has been very dry as far as results go but your tips for the port are great...Thanks heaps. T

Hey Scratchie,

Appreciate the tip....that was what changed my mind to make the trek out there yesterday and caught 3 kings to 88cm. A dream come true and my PB. I have been chasing a reasonable kingie for 5 years and I got 3 :). The key also was first light as they went off the bite around 830. I visit port Stephens each year with the family and it has been very dry as far as results go but your tips for the port are great...Thanks heaps. T

Good to see you got into a few T. Where's your report? I wish I could have got out instead of working! Grrrrr! Glad I could help in some way! Congrats on your pb!

Cheers scratchie!!!