And people say jet skiers are idiots!

Camo1808

Ok so im apologising in advance for this rant but i am so over people saying jet skiers are idiots and they should pay a higher licence or ban em all together etc etc.

Today me and my mate hit the entrance on the yaks and i am still soooo furious and frustrayed with how many idiots there were on the water and believe it or not (dont care if you dont) but 2 out of 38 where jet skiers. Yes 38!!!!!

We were in a channel THAT IS 8 KNOTS!!!! and we had BOATERS hammering past us dping average of 20-40 knots. We have boaters SKIING past us and then whipping their skiiers in tp shore right next to us. I am DISCUSTED in how many idiot boaters there were and just doing the wrong thing.

There was even 2 blokes in a 16 foot half cab flying up the channel just come from a screamin match with somepne at the boat ramp (by this time i was so over it) so i yelled out its 8 knots you (polite f word) and by the time i got the first word out him and his mate were yelling well ypu shouldnt be casting into the channel!! So they knew they were doing the wrong thing and just wanted to start an argumebt. Amd with their 2 kids on board the swearing coming out of their mouth i feel sorry for there kids and their bleak futures.

Im sure very close to everyone on here (i hope) do the right thing maybe one or two but please follpw the %£$#ing water laws. Its not hard

Not only does it piss people off and ruins their day outing but it destroys our shores and banks due to errosion.

Rant over. Sorry just had to express my frustration with the amount of clowns out there today.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Don't apologize Camo,

Be more vocal. I believe you would be supported in here.

Wankers on the water .................

I could write a essay on this one!

(Don't know how site admin Stewie is so patient with them) NAR (LMAO)! private joke

JD

Don't apologize Camo,

Be more vocal. I believe you would be supported in here.

Wankers on the water .................

I could write a essay on this one!

(Don't know how site admin Stewie is so patient with them) NAR (LMAO)! private joke

JD

Oh mate there prettu good arojnd where we fish but today was beyond a joke. They just have no respect to orher boaters or the rules and laws.

I now avoid any long weekends on the water wether it be the beach or on a boat. Too many wankers.

I was anchor 10 Mtrs of a point in a very wide part of the parra river in my 4.2mtr Tinnie and had 3 clowns in a Half Cab over take the river cat and came within 3 Mtrs of me and my two little ones without slowing down. The wake from them and the river cat was unpleasant and the guys in the Half Cab knew what they were doing as the were laughing.

I just gave them the one fingered salute.

Makes me more determined to save my pennies to get a little bit bigger boat.

I missed taking the rego number of the boat

Edited by jeffb5.8

Guest no one

Also make the police aware it's going on. There was a massive police presence at Pittwater this weekend, they were on jetskis and their boats, maritime too. Checking for life jackets and safety gear but also making everyone very aware that they were there!

Idiots are everywhere nowadays. With warm long weekend a lot of them have come to the central coast. I was night fishing with a mate at woy woy a bunch of low life was fishing there and was mocking us "Chinese" talking bullshit and saying insulting stuffs. At the end of the session the channel by the wharf was full of their rubbish including a broken landing net floating on the water.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

The entrance is like that regularly - my dad kayaks there and pretty much gives up on public or school holidays. No-one follows the 8kt limits, wake everywhere, flying past too close. Occasionally you see maritime out on the water but not often enough. I agree the boats are probably worse because of their wake and numbers, but the jet skis represent a far slab of idiocy too.

The only good thing about it is they are too dumb to think about what they are doing, so they go zooming into where they see him catching fish in 1ft of water on a kayak and get themselves stuck on the sandbars.

Just to put some contrast on the topic, I was delightfully surprised when I went to Wally's Wharf on the hacking last Friday for a bit of a land based sesh between 8 and midday. The ramp was quiet enough at first, but as the morning wore on, many different craft were launching, retrieving and picking up / setting down at the Wharf and everybody, without exception, were considerate, polite and obeyed the rules (at least within eyesight of the ramp). The few times I had to wind in were preceded by a quiet heads up and there were no dramas.

Not a lot of fish to report, just undersized tailor and trevally, but it was a lovely morning in almost every way.

However, I'm sure most of us have shared Camo's experience. And he's right. It isn't the sole domain of jet skiers to be seen breaking the rules and being obnoxious about it. Long weekends and the start of summer holidays will see a lot of that reported behaviour. It has a tendency to settle down over the holidays as "part timer" boaters start to relax, but long weekends are the pits, as these guys just keep coming before the new week sees them pack up until the next long weekend.

School holidays,long weekends,once a year boaters and great weather......say no more.....

Alot of guys avoid these times to go fishing like the plague if they can to avoid the hassles.

You hit the nail on the head there mate, no turer statement.

I live on the central coast and have learnt to stay away on long weekends. I put my boat in on the Friday before and it wasn't too bad but come Saturday, Sunday and Monday it is a nightmare anywhere on you go on the coast. I went down to Ettalong for a bite to eat with my wife and counted at least 20 jet ski's in and around the 3 green makers heading out to Broken bay. The noise was like being at a race track. In amongst it all were quite a few boats as well. The shore was packed with fisho's. I am happy to wait until they all go home before I go out!

School holidays,long weekends,once a year boaters and great weather......say no more.....

Alot of guys avoid these times to go fishing like the plague if they can to avoid the hassles.

Couldn't agree more

Why do you guys put yourselves in these situations... fish early morning or late evening (you won't catch anything during the day inside anyway), or better yet, chuck a sickie!

Hey fellas. I appreciate all ypur feedbacks and comments. But it was 5in the arvo so decent time to fish but some of us dont the the ability to fish during the week and only on weekends and long weekends.

Sickies are a great option and yes i do use tge occasional one or two here and there but as a manager i need display the right behaviours and lead by example so they are few and far between

Unfortunately with summer knocking on the door there will be more and more........there are good and bad in every group of people, most have the decency and respect to others.......to be honest though, the jetskis have never really bothered me fishing in the Georges, boats however, both fishing and ski have annoyed me more. In summer I fish outside the normal day hours when I use the boat to avoid this problem

Yeaj they have always been around fellas. I have grown up around ski racing and dad and uncle racing formula 2 tunnel boats at a national level so always on the water and always see these clowns just monday really got to me cause people knew they were doing it but still had the arrogance not to care.

the worst was in port hacking mouth on the weekend. A family in a bow rider around 10m from humpback whales. Some people just dont learn or care. its a vicious cycle of stupidity

Are you kidding me?? It grinds my gears hey!! So disrespectful