New Reel $300-$350 to suit Pflueger Trion 7' 2p 2-4kg

Niffa

I have a Shimano Stradic Ci4 in 2500 size on my Pflueger. Won't cost you 300-350 but that's not a bad thing. A better match for the rod really, not exactly a top end rod, but certainly mid range.

Matt

Niffa

What he said

Good Gear

JD

There is a fishing guide in port macquarie who lure fishes all year round. First time we went out with him he was using and suggested the Stradic ci4+ Went back over 12 months later and he is still using the same reels and they still feel the same. I now have 4!

Great, what size should I get because im mainly using it for bass, was looking at the 1000. It has plenty of line capacity for what I'm using and its got a hefty 3kg of drag which is more than some of the daiwa 2000 sized reels

Depends on you really. Keep in mind that the 2500 and 3000 are the same size reel. They don't come with 2 spools though. What I mean to say is that it would be ideal to have the 3000 with two spools, one with lighter braid and one with heavier. Most of the guys I fish with have the 1000 for bass , but I went for the 2500 as I tend to use my reels for a wider variety of fish, ie the same rod and reel I use for bass is used for salmon and bonito in late summer. The drag on the ci4 is lovely and smooth, I landed a nice bass out of the snags on Friday, my first on this reel and it really performed well.

Matt

My opinion only..... 1000.

Light for casting and pleasure to use but you will get smoked now and then.

Changed mind...................

2500 because of 9lb, 4Kg line

yep 2500 better suited.

Don't think i helped

Raiders?