The best way to spend a day off

michael2203

G'day Raiders,

With the day off work and a leave pass from the missus for the morning I got up at sparrows and headed for a fish. Off to tempe to fish the cooks.

After baiting up the first rod and throwing it in, I'm in the middle of getting the other rod ready when tap, tap, tap. In comes the first flatty of the morning going 38cm. Shortly after, in comes another one at the same length. Things then went eerily quiet -no bites no anything. So i moved down the river a bit and after a few inquiries in comes flatty #3 at 33cm. Again things went quiet, so I decided to head back to my spot on the Georges at East Hills.

It was relatively quiet there as well, however I did land a nice trevally around 33cm. As I don't eat fish (weird, I know) I offered it to some guys fishing nearby for their dinner.

The most interesting part of the morning occurred just as I was packing up. Anyone who fishes around East Hills will attest to the usual jet ski riding riff-raff who regularly hoon up and down that stretch. Anyway, sure enough, here comes another one at light speed around the bend. Fortunately this time there is a cop on a jet ski (never seen them before/knew they had them) who comes out of nowhere and pulls the idiot over. A stern talking to (we could hear them quite clearly) and a fine later, they're off.

Anyway, thanks for reading and tight lines!

Cheers

Hodgo