Botany Bay today... Very quiet

Farvos

Hit the bay today.. Had livies out all day around molineaux point, hat head and the drums.. No good all day.. Even on the troll came up with zero. Drifted with plastics for a couple of legal flatties but threw them back. Anyone else notice the same quiet situating? Water 18 degrees

Another terrible days fishing when all the signs are pointing the opposite direction.

Off shore was dead!!! 40 nautical miles trawled for one click on a reel, the worlds biggest Dolphins were out at the canyons but no fish, or birds.

Osborne shoal showed life in big marks but nothing biting.

Drifted hacking for one flathead and a sweep.

In the water at 7ish, out at 4ish... For one fish!

Ditto. Trolled squid nearly everywhere in the bay for a big fat donut. No surface action no bait on the sounder and the swell was more than the forecast 1.4metres and lumpy as hell. In all a tough day on the water.

There's fish in the bay we found water just over 20deg against a drop off and there were plenty of trevs schooled up with some flatties needed to downsize our lures to get them to bite but that's not unusual at this time of year Took a bit of running around to find them

On fishing reminder it said it was poor fishing day as moon is coming into full . I don't know how much of it believe but this time of year in between seasons it works for me . Just hang out for another month and it gets better with every species

I was land-based, south side of the harbour between 5:30am and 8am. Salted Tailor strip from last weekend sat on the bottom and didn't get a touch. There were schools of trevs about though, some big ones. Landed a 32cm, 40cm and 48cm (PB for me) and got smoked under the wharf by two more big ~50cm ones. All fish landed on bread under a float.

Flicked around Como yesterday morn for 2 hours after ht, 21.5degrees for 3 flaties on plastics, 0 on blades, seems their just waking up for summer on the flats, but no mums around in the deeps yet.

Water temperature is down a bit from the last few weeks, so I suspect the fish have reacted to that sudden drop, even though it is only a slight drop.

The water at Wanda Beach is still cool for a swim, though after a minute or so if you keep moving about, it is not that bad.

I was land based off middle head and mosman bay. Started at 6am with fresh squid strip from local caught squid - no touches for 4 hours. At Mosman bay I got some nibbles from small snapper and one cheeky bloody little king followed my squid strip in when I had to wind in for a ferry but turned off near the surface - that was it. Packed up at 2pm.

Oh yeah - I also managed to accidentally step on and break my favourite SP rod, so that was a great day topper.

Edited by SgtBundy

Sgt. buddy to bad about your rod.. I snapped one 2 weeks ago casting out to a school of fish in a hurry.. Planning to go to the fads or the peak soon if anyone with some experience wants to come along

Keep me posted on when your planning your trip out .. Been thinking of doing the same thing next couple of weeks ...

Keep me posted on when your planning your trip out .. Been thinking of doing the same thing next couple of weeks ...

+1 me on that trip.

I've just been waiting for the weather to line up with my availability.

It was quiet but we got fish. Sunday headed up to Long Reef trolling around North Head- nothing. Trolling around Long Reef- nothing. Bottom bashed at a couple of spots on the way, plastics, pilchards, jigs, squid, trying everything but nothing. Several boats down rigging for Kings but no apparent action. Ended up with two Snapper drifting back from Long Reef on squid and lots of rubbish reef fish. But two Whale sightings and the fish for dinner made it a very enjoyable morning outing. Probably lower water temp is keeping baitfish and hence the predator fish further out in warmer waters.

I went out on the new boat yesterday for an hour on the Georges and got a little tap on a plastic and scored some seaweed and an angry phone call from the missus because I forgot about a family function... Whoopssss

Hence why I was on the water for under an hour haha

Hay guys, was also out inside the bay yesterday (Sunday) fighting against the wind just before noon flicking soft plastics. Was initially discouraged after reading this post earlier on Saturday.

Anyway, manage to get a couple including 72cm flathead and an unlucky luderick hooked by a jig.