Port Hacking - Sunday

Oscarthebeagle

Got up early Sunday morning hoping the weatherman was wrong with the forecast. Looked ok and decided to go, but with nothing ready it was an hour till I got to the ramp. Arrived at greys point just after 6 and couldn't believe it, the car park was empty, launched parked the car and still not another boat in sight.

Started fishing off deer park for a few little fish and a red bream not quite legal. Moved on and collected some nippers, fished around a bit for a nice bream, a blue swimmer and other little fish.

Called my wife and asked her to bring the kids down as the weather was looking ok. Headed back to greys to picked up her and the 2 kids. Came back to lilli pilli sand flat.

Anchored up and started a burly trail, and over the next hour had a great session. First hook up I took a nice bream, next fish went to the 4 year old girl a just legal bream but she was wrapped with a fish she could keep for dinner. A few throw backs then I noticed some garfish in the trail, little boys rod was already rigged with a float and #12 hook, so I gave this to my wife to drift out with my boys help. As it reached about where the garfish were I looked as a shadow charged through the trail taking the bait, the super cheap outfit scream as the fish took off. My wife took it in her stride, I had put good 3kg line on the reel so she was a chance. Part way through the fight another rod goes off, l take this one. A few seconds later another rod goes off, ultra light graphite rod stradic reel 1kg line, the 4 year takes this one. This leaves a triple hook up and an 20 month old roaming the boat, luckily he finds a croissant and sits down to eat.

I land my fish a bream around 30, then to my little girl who's doing a great job and lands a bream about the same size. Attention back to my 6 months pregnant wife still fighting her fish, slowly winning she gets it back to the boat and into the net, a nice salmon. And a very good catch considering the gear.

Cast a line out while I tidy the boat and this hooks up straight away, my wife takes this one a good blackfish, her favorite so she has her dinner.

With the fish still biting the kids have had enough so we go to the inside the big sand spit for a swim, amazingly there is only a couple of other boats there. After a swim and a play it's time to head home with both kids falling asleep on the way to the ramp.

Taking the boat out at lunchtime the main car park is still only 3/4 full. A great day on the water with the river relatively quiet for a summers sunday.

post-33784-0-19655000-1446417542_thumb.jpg

post-33784-0-71432400-1446417561_thumb.jpg

post-33784-0-35900800-1446417584_thumb.jpg

post-33784-0-48558700-1446417603_thumb.jpg

Edited by Oscarthebeagle

Sounds like a great session with the family, it's so rewarding when the kids manage to land a keeper isn't it! I'm kicking myself that I didn't go out sunday, forecast was dubious but it turned out to be an awesome day. After going to a gig saturday night though I probably would have exploded a breathalyser if asked to blow in one so definitely for the best that I stayed in bed watching netflix.....