Melbourne Cup

stevefish

I never have much luck Melbourne Cup .... So this year I backed our Birthdays & our youngest daughter Sienna got place $20 win ... And as usual my birthday date two days later My horse is Still RUNNING !!!!!

Same here!

Have you seen what it would have paid?

I went today to cash my second place ticket and I ask the guy there, he said that I could have won around $26,000 if I picked the first place winner in that trifecta. He was a bit busy so not sure if he had a good look.

What I should of done is bet the field 1st then those other picks for my 2nd and 3rd, I would of cleaned up. The thing that gets me is that I was thinking about it but didn't follow through, damn.

Edited by General Zod

Your right General Zod the guy didn't have a good look at the ticket. It was a flexi bet with 3.03% of the 26k that the trifecta paid. If you had the winner in your combination you would have collected $790 give or take a few $$. At least now you can stop cursing yourself. Although $790 would've been handy.

What about the woman in Perth who won $900. She took a selfie of herself holding the winning ticket and posted it on Facebook. One of her so called Facebook friends downloade the iimage cropped her out of the picture and then printed the ticket and cashed it in. All in 15 minutes. You dont need the ticket all you need is the bar code.

What about the woman in Perth who won $900. She took a selfie of herself holding the winning ticket and posted it on Facebook. One of her so called Facebook friends downloade the iimage cropped her out of the picture and then printed the ticket and cashed it in. All in 15 minutes. You dont need the ticket all you need is the bar code.

Lol. Very clever! Goes to show that you don't need to share your whole life story on Facebook, it will come back and bite you in the ass!

Lol. Very clever! Goes to show that you don't need to share your whole life story on Facebook, it will come back and bite you in the ass!

Don't know why you need to put everything about yourself on a public media site. I don't use Face ache, Twaddle or any of the other media thingos, apart from Fishraider.

In the Sunday Telegraph, parents publish the photos of their kids, along with the full name and date of birth. Identity fraud waiting to happen when the kids grow up.

Spoke to a fisho the other day, he is not on Fishraider, but he reads the reports so he can find some fish in Port Hacking.

Gotta love Michelle Paynes post interview. "For those of you that doubted me you can go and get stuffed". No win for me on that race but I've kicked butt on the others!

In a 24 horse race, there's a lot of luck involved to win the cup.

In this years cup, any horse could have won, including a 101 horse lol

Why?

1. Track Bias, the inside was a good3 and moving out was more like a soft5.

2. The pace was exceptionally slow so coming to the straight, the front runners have all the advantage.

I backed Max Dynamite cause he likes soft tracks and is a stayer, runs easy 4000m. Another 20m he would have caught the leader!

Better luck next year!