Nice day for a sicky!

Scratchie

G'day raiders,

This morning I had the day off and thought I might just take the boat out and drift the bay for whatever. I told the mrs before she left for work and she said "that sounds nice, bugger it I'm coming! So we stuck to the plan and it was a beautiful day on the water. I threw sp's whilst the mrs used bait. I had a few hits and managed a couple of tailor that went back. We changed a few locations and repeated the process, when the wife says "I'm on" and proceeds to pull up a 20cm squire. What was interesting was there was a huge Flatty chasing it the whole way. I told her to leave the fish in the water while I retrieved my sp and dropped it beside her, bang I'm on! Now there was a dilemma on our hands. The mrs didn't know what to do with her fish and rod whilst trying to get me the net. So I tried to fight the fish and net it myself but failed and lost it boat side. Oh well.

Change of locations again and this time first cast and I miss a good hit. The mrs says "sorry babe I'm snagged". Then the snag gain momentum and the reel was singing. After a great fight and some near misses with the net, the wife has a pb flatty on board!

post-24974-0-00437100-1446448932_thumb.jpg

post-24974-0-09253300-1446449033_thumb.jpg

But to be honest, most of the day was spent soaking up the sun and just drifting around the bay with 2 lines dragging out the back!

Congrats to the mrs on her PB. :)

Thanks for reading,

Cheers scratchie!!!

So the mrs out fished you mate....Not a bad thing to spend quality time together, bet you dropped that flaty on purpose...... Smart man! Good fish

It was a really relaxing day on the water. The mrs out fish me? That sits ok with me. It was about her yesterday because marlin season is just around the corner :)

Nice flatty, how big do you think the one that followed up the squire go? Seen some big ones do that and the heart always skips a beat. :1yikes:

Well over 70cm pete! I had him hooked and running and boat side but always difficult trying to net a big girl yourself!