Introducing myself

Bigpigs

Hi everyone,

I've spent a fairly long time lurking on fishraider and have decided damm i'm missing out on chatting to the guys on here, so I've signed up :)

Bit about myself, I'm a through and through rock fisherman with many years of experience on the stones. I've chased kings and jews from the rocks, spun for bonnies but can't go past wash wishing for the likes of blackfish, drummer (as my name suggests i love these fish) and the good old big groper. Usual haunts are from Sydney Northern beaches up to the central coast.

I've also owned a boat for a about a year now :) and learning the ropes still.

Looking forward to chatting to everyone.

Cheers Joe

Hi Joe,

Welcome aboard, I really looking forward to seeing some posts from you.

I have seen them get jewwies off the rocks on TV using lures, looks like fun!!!

have personally not been the greatest rock fisho, I much rather fishing a estary but thats not to say I wont give it a go again some day!!

All the best on your fishraider adventures both on the land and in the boat!!

Regards,

Nathan

Hi Joe,

Welcome aboard, I really looking forward to seeing some posts from you.

I have seen them get jewwies off the rocks on TV using lures, looks like fun!!!

have personally not been the greatest rock fisho, I much rather fishing a estary but thats not to say I wont give it a go again some day!!

All the best on your fishraider adventures both on the land and in the boat!!

Regards,

Nathan

Cheers for the introduction Nathan. Maybe one day I can take you out on the rocks and show you :) Good luck with the fishing!

Hey Joe welcome to fishraider mate. Looking forward to reading your reports as I haven't really given much thought to being a rock hopper. Got a place up at Port Macquarie close to the breakwall so might have to expand my horizons!!

BTW...did you just do the srocp course at Terrey Hills on the October long weekend???

Cheers

Pete

Welcome to Fishraider Joe. You sound like you're a very competent rock fisho. I'm not able to do that any more with my gammy leg but used to love our annual trip to South West Rocks for some serious tailor and other species, off the rocks. No doubt we'll be seeing some quality reports from you in the near future...looking forward to reading your posts. Good luck and keep safe. Neil

Hey Joe welcome to fishraider mate. Looking forward to reading your reports as I haven't really given much thought to being a rock hopper. Got a place up at Port Macquarie close to the breakwall so might have to expand my horizons!!

BTW...did you just do the srocp course at Terrey Hills on the October long weekend???

Cheers

Pete

Hi Pete,nice to meet you . There are definitely some fish to be caught from the stones! I haven't fished Port Macquarie,but I'd expect the breakwall to produce jewfish and your usual suspects such as bream and flathead.might even be worth having a shot at some blackfish!!

Ps that wouldn't have been me mate

Bigpigs is one of those blokes that can say "Ohhh I bet there's a drummer in about 3m off those rocks" and then catch a drummer 3m off those rocks.

Joe B

Haha you found me Joe. Do I have a tendency to pull a fish from somehwere to save the day,just wish it happened more often!

Welcome to Fishraider Joe. You sound like you're a very competent rock fisho. I'm not able to do that any more with my gammy leg but used to love our annual trip to South West Rocks for some serious tailor and other species, off the rocks. No doubt we'll be seeing some quality reports from you in the near future...looking forward to reading your posts. Good luck and keep safe. Neil

Hey Neil,definitely do my best to bag a few fish off the rocks,some times it requires long walks and climbing but it's all worth it:-) look forward to chatting. Good luck mate

Hi everyone, I've spent a fairly long time lurking on fishraider and have decided damm i'm missing out on chatting to the guys on here, so I've signed up :) Bit about myself, I'm a through and through rock fisherman with many years of experience on the stones. I've chased kings and jews from the rocks, spun for bonnies but can't go past wash wishing for the likes of blackfish, drummer (as my name suggests i love these fish) and the good old big groper. Usual haunts are from Sydney Northern beaches up to the central coast. I've also owned a boat for a about a year now :) and learning the ropes still. Looking forward to chatting to everyone. Cheers Joe

Welcome to the forums. I myself do a bit of rock hopping as well. Might see you on the stones as i fish the same similar areas as well. Look forward to reading your posts.

Welcome to the forums. I myself do a bit of rock hopping as well. Might see you on the stones as i fish the same similar areas as well. Look forward to reading your posts.

Will most likely see you ,most free weekends I'll be somewhere fishing:-) if you see a guy with a black snyder and small centrepin that's me going for blackfish