nice arvo after my last exam

Krispy !

Hey raiders, finished my last exam at uni today so decided to brave the heat and go for a sesh, made sure I had the rods in the car so I finished about 1230 and a quick drive got some pillys and was fishing by 1pm.

Things started off abit slow tried for some squid and I got a small calamari, some baitfish moving around so I decided to burley up and that's when I spotted 2 kings in the trail 1 bigger one that would've gone around 90-100 and a smaller one swimming through the burley, I quickly dropped the squid and was all but tickling their noses but they snubbed it and disappeared.

Burleyed up again and had the squid out but also dropped an unweighted pilly cube, it wasn't even in the water 10 seconds before the smaller one came up and smacked it, after a tough fight that left my line badly frayed a nice fat 72cm king was in the esky.

post-11865-0-93692500-1448013852_thumb.jpg

This king was gorging on whitebait and spat 5 or 6 out when he was landed, maybe when theyre feeding on whitebait they preffer a fish bait like pilchard over squid? who knows..

post-11865-0-40167900-1448013882_thumb.jpg

Anyways kept fishing through the arvo and released countless bream and trevs that would've been legal as well as a flounder because I had enough for a feed.

post-11865-0-31747500-1448013940_thumb.jpg

Packed up at 5 and got stuck in some shocking traffic. took me nearly 2 hours to get home, lucky I got some ice for that king :D

hahahaha during the last 10 mins of the exam I was watching the clock counting the seconds down, so good wetting a line today even in the heat

Tbh with today's heat, I would've just jumped in to swim with the fish instead ahahah

Well done Krispy. That's a good feed.

Congrats on finishing your exams.

Thanks Steve, it was a great way to de stress after exams haha

What exam mate? I too finished my uni exams this morning but with a little less success on the fish front, swimming a bit more tempting! Good job on the fish!

Thanks mate had an Anthropology exam, i was tempted to swim as well but was really itching for some fresh sashimi

Krispy you are very keen to fish in the heat and got rewarded for your efforts.

as always congrats on another kingy in the esky and finishing your exams for the year, hopefully you get good marks!

Regards,

Nathan

Thanks Nathan! Now its just a waiting game to get the marks haha in the mean time a lot of fishing

Nice report mate.

Can I ask what you use for burley?

Thanks mate, yeah just chopped up pilchards

Good work there Krispy.

Fished one morning during the week (5 hours) for a flounder and flattie, plus a lot of throwbacks and a little jew. Was just so quiet in my usual spots.

Thanks yowie, it really depends on the day I guess, I wasn't expecting much on a scorching hot afternoon but mr kingy decided to take the bait so It became well worth it