New car

Fab1

• 6 months later...

Well guys,I'm glad I don't go through the car buying process too often and have bought myself a kia cerato hatch after weighing up different options for quite some time.

I decided against using it as a tow vehicle and will be used as a daily driver only.

I'm sorry to say goodbye to my old car that has been good to me for the past 15 years and hope to own this one for many years to come also.

There's some good deals around at the moment and I wanted to stay under 20k and picked one up for $17500 in metallic silver with the 6sp auto drive away similar to the one pictured.

It's legally capable of towing my boat down the track if I wish too also.

Thanks for everyone's help.post-20199-0-22947200-1466941061.jpg

I have a Honda Civic 1.8ltr, 5 speed manual. Usual consumption about 6.6 -7 ltr /100kms and about 8 lt/100 towing the boat. Front wheel drive, very comfortable and handles even steep boat ramps easily. Mine is 10 y/o and done 230,000 but never misses a beat. I could use a 4wd to access more remote ramps and may get one in the future...when I win the lottery lol. Good luck.

I have a Honda Civic 1.8ltr, 5 speed manual. Usual consumption about 6.6 -7 ltr /100kms and about 8 lt/100 towing the boat. Front wheel drive, very comfortable and handles even steep boat ramps easily. Mine is 10 y/o and done 230,000 but never misses a beat. I could use a 4wd to access more remote ramps and may get one in the future...when I win the lottery lol. Good luck.

My current Daewoo does about the same as yours in the fuel efficiency department and has 352k on it now.The funny thing is people use to tell me it's a shit car and would be lucky to make 100-150k before I had to throw it away.Well guess what?I went and rescued those people(Family) plenty of times when they were broken down driving my Daewoo.

good choice of cars. Isn't it Kia that has a 7 year warranty?

Yes they have a bumper to bumper warranty that covers everything except consumables like tyres,brake pads and batteries.

Congratulations Fabian, hopefully you get 353k out of it lol!!!

The Cars being built now are not the same as the older ones, they have more electrics and all that crap that eventyually causes issues, have fun learning how to fix it!!! I hope you at least you should get 7 years trouble free motoring!!!!

As you know my 2013 Mazda has barely got 50k on it and its making more engine noise then my 1997 Corolla, lets hope I can get it sorted and it lives as long as your Daewoo has!!!

Regards,

Nathan