Advice from a Mentor

fredflathead

I would just like to make it know how much help I have got from Stapo to be able to go prawning at The Entrance.

I lived at The Entrance in 1948 and left in 1956, my mother and I use to go prawning quite often. Now that I had just turned 70yrs and thank you Fishraider for the birthday wishes.

My wife said what do you want, I said what about going prawning at The Entrance so I pmd Stapo and got some advice I had forgotten.

Stapo pm several times with very helpful info that I had forgot, nothing was a trouble.

Well we went up on Thursday night, the tide changed at 11pm and I stayed out till about 12.30am what a great catch about 18 prawns then again on Friday night again about 11pm however the wind was so strong it was not worth it. Left The Entrance Saturday morning for home.

The total spent on the weekend with accommodation, diesel and food was about $400 so each prawn was about $22 each and did they taste delicious.

post-17426-0-08701900-1449965688_thumb.jpg

Thanks again to Stapo and Fishraider

That's what Fishraider is all about and why Steve is a mentor and valuable member of this site! I'm sure stapo gave you as much advice as he could. Unfortunately he can't put them in the net for you. At least you enjoyed yourself and rekindled some old memories!

Thanks for sharing!

Cheers scratchie!!!

I'll be there. Come on down. Can't promise anything. You can catch them one night and nothing the next. Thanks guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like fishing. You need to persist and come at different time different conditions, take notes and find a pattern.

not only you but the wife, I am the joke of the family only a prawn sandwich after all that.

Let see when I get the full 10litres and how much they will pay then for a prawn sandwich then .

I pm you with the dates for the next dark Norm. Well get you some then. Ha.

OK let see if I have this correct.

Full Moon Feb 23rd - 5 days to 1 week to the start of the dark.

Prawning from 1st Mar till about 19th Mar.

Not worried about the tides as I can stay out all night.

If these dates are they correct, I understand it is for any where in the southern hemisphere.

OK let see if I have this correct.

Full Moon Feb 23rd - 5 days to 1 week to the start of the dark.

Prawning from 1st Mar till about 19th Mar.

Not worried about the tides as I can stay out all night.

If these dates are they correct, I understand it is for any where in the southern hemisphere.

That's it Norm. 29th February to about 7th March. Prime time. The tide will be running out on dark. Always does 5 days after the full moon.

Try for those dates. Any later we have been finding not so good catches.

For me because I work it's all got to happen on a Friday or Saturday night including rain and wind.

So when it does and you catch a few. Woo

Cheers Steve.

Hey everyone dont wanna give up too many secrest but if anyone if interested in prawning on the coast hit me a pm. I have caught in excess of 3kilos this whole weekend and im taking 2 fri night 3 kilo both sat and sun and then 1 or 2 kilo on monday. No offence but its soo much better than the entrance. We hit it up sun night got probably abiut 15 prawns in an hour then decided to go yo our spot and got 3 kilo in 4 hours.

post-32642-14502359404725_thumb.jpg

post-32642-14502359664139_thumb.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Hey everyone dont wanna give up too many secrest but if anyone if interested in prawning on the coast hit me a pm. I have caught in excess of 3kilos this whole weekend and im taking 2 fri night 3 kilo both sat and sun and then 1 or 2 kilo on monday. No offence but its soo much better than the entrance. We hit it up sun night got probably abiut 15 prawns in an hour then decided to go yo our spot and got 3 kilo in 4 hours.

Hi mate

Nice catch you have.

I believe each location fires up differently depending on time and conditions. You might find out that on specific night your spot might give you less prawn than The Entrance. That's why it's good to know more than one spot. Couple of weeks ago when I went with Stapo to The Entrance he caught 8kg in maybe 4 hours and I got 4kg in 3 hours (not bad for my 2nd time).

From what you showed us, I think your spot is a great alternative spot for those who prawn the area. Thanks.

Hi mate

Nice catch you have.

I believe each location fires up differently depending on time and conditions. You might find out that on specific night your spot might give you less prawn than The Entrance. That's why it's good to know more than one spot. Couple of weeks ago when I went with Stapo to The Entrance he caught 8kg in maybe 4 hours and I got 4kg in 3 hours (not bad for my 2nd time).

From what you showed us, I think your spot is a great alternative spot for those who prawn the area. Thanks.

Oh wow thats a great haul over 10 litres between you. Great results and yeah your right as it also depends on tides and stuff so different locations can definitely alter from time to time.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk