Bonnies

BigRod

• 4 weeks later...

With the slugs are you tying them straight onto your main line or using a swivel or leader? I was thinking myself if I can get the boat back in the water of using a 20lb flouro leader with a swivel on the end to attach to the snap swivel on my braid (to make life easier when swapping between that and my normal paternoster rig)

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

Wait for the water to clear up a bit and the NE winds to really start coming through. End of January is usually a good time to start checking the headlands....terrigal haven has been a famous sight casting spot for Bonito, watsons leaping Bonito and also the leddies (frigate mackeral). If you have a boat there has been large schools all over broken bay but as mentioned earlier lion island is a gun spot

Metal slugs are the go when you can see them feeding on top, as you can cast further with them.

if trolling, I find deap diving Rapala CD9s best for bonnies trolled at a fast walking pace. I have recently retired an old orange and gold CD9 that just can't be patched any more right to swim that I recon must have caught 100 bonnies from Jibbon and Botany Heads over the years.

Metal slugs are the go when you can see them feeding on top, as you can cast further with them.

if trolling, I find deap diving Rapala CD9s best for bonnies trolled at a fast walking pace. I have recently retired an old orange and gold CD9 that just can't be patched any more right to swim that I recon must have caught 100 bonnies from Jibbon and Botany Heads over the years.

Spot on and if you change out the treble hooks for two singles you will frequently get double hook ups on the one lure. Same deal goes for the big vibes, if you can't keep a metal slug under and it keeps breaching the surface switch to a vibe, it will cast a mile and very easy to keep under the surface.