St Georges basin

Thiso

Hey guys I'm new to the site and im in need of advice ?

Im a 16 year old with a lot of spare time and I will be heading down to st Georges basin with the family next week for 10 days

I've been to the basin before fishing with not much luck and I am wondering if somebody can give me a few pointers with bait selection, what rig to use and so on

I will be fishing out of a 17 ft Bayliner

Thanks in advance ?

Hey guys I'm new to the site and im in need of advice

Im a 16 year old with a lot of spare time and I will be heading down to st Georges basin with the family next week for 10 days

I've been to the basin before fishing with not much luck and I am wondering if somebody can give me a few pointers with bait selection, what rig to use and so on

I will be fishing out of a 17 ft Bayliner

Thanks in advance

Welcome to fishraider Thiso

If you use the search function (top right) and type in St Georges Basin and select "forums" you will see all the posts and hints :)

You can find all sorts of info in our "Articles" section up top left

This time of year you will find a huge number of boats anchored around the mouth of the basin or hovering around the artificial reefs. My advice would be to take the opportunity to explore other locations. Try drifting the flats casting surface lures for bream and whiting. There are a stack of productive flats <1.5m deep so choose whatever works with the prevailing wind. Otherwise use your sounder to locate bait schools and fish deeper with plastics or blades (or baits).

If you're keen on using bait go for a prawn on a light gauge hook. I find a red lumo bead can improve your numbers slightly.

Hope this helps and good luck out there!

David