Birthday Fish

lure 1

Today I treated my son to a mornings fishing for his birthday. We met at 5am at the ramp thinking it might be packed for NYE on the harbour but there was no other boat on the water except those already parked up. Went to the Flathead grounds south of the heads and had the best fishing in a couple of years. At one stage we were pulling up as soon as we hit bottom with plenty of double hookups. Caught 42 Flathead but kept only 7. Plenty of small fish but at least 7 legals went back as we fish for the thrill. Bait was prawn , slimy mac, and squid. All in all a great birthday for my son.Sorry no pics as phone flat.

Today I treated my son to a mornings fishing for his birthday. We met at 5am at the ramp thinking it might be packed for NYE on the harbour but there was no other boat on the water except those already parked up. Went to the Flathead grounds south of the heads and had the best fishing in a couple of years. At one stage we were pulling up as soon as we hit bottom with plenty of double hookups. Caught 42 Flathead but kept only 7. Plenty of small fish but at least 7 legals went back as we fish for the thrill. Bait was prawn , slimy mac, and squid. All in all a great birthday for my son.Sorry no pics as phone flat.

Sounds like a very productive trip well done guys!

What a top way to spend your sons Birthday !!!

You should of lent him your user name mate for this one.lol.