The entrance 8/01 Friday nightmare

papafish

It was a pleasure to meet up with stapo"Steve" after giving me lots of advice and even pointing out a few spot. Stewie were there also, went off fishing which was a wise idea. Not sure how he go.

I heard from Thursday night there were some prawns around even with muddy water, people were still getting around 2-3kg.

But Friday night, we got there at 8.30. I fished until 9.30 for one whitting probably 20cm. Jump in the water with my mates. Between the 5 of us. I think we ended up with 1kg of prawns and mid size nothing big!!!! The water were not running low. Although it is running out. Left at 1am water were tbiut the same as 9.30 probably 10cm lower judging from the mark on the walls.

What a Nightmare lol. It's way below avg compare to the Thursday night report.

Probably won't jump in the water again until it is clear lol.

Hope this give you guys some info if you are planning to go out.

A minor flood warning was issued after the rain for Tuggerah Lake, the level not dropping for another day or 2, so the tide will keep running out until the lake returns to normal level. Any lake or river around the Central Coast will suffer the same problem.

Edited by yowie

Guest Guest123456789

It was a pleasure to meet up with stapo"Steve" after giving me lots of advice and even pointing out a few spot. Stewie were there also, went off fishing which was a wise idea. Not sure how he go.

I heard from Thursday night there were some prawns around even with muddy water, people were still getting around 2-3kg.

But Friday night, we got there at 8.30. I fished until 9.30 for one whitting probably 20cm. Jump in the water with my mates. Between the 5 of us. I think we ended up with 1kg of prawns and mid size nothing big!!!! The water were not running low. Although it is running out. Left at 1am water were tbiut the same as 9.30 probably 10cm lower judging from the mark on the walls.

What a Nightmare lol. It's way below avg compare to the Thursday night report.

Probably won't jump in the water again until it is clear lol.

Hope this give you guys some info if you are planning to go out.

You've got me interested, I might try this spot today.

I went on Friday night , decide not to take bait due to the reports on Thursday , did not get one prawn so had to use soft plastics got there at ten left at 12 got my ten ,

First time ever did not see that one prawn ,

All fish were over 40cm ,

Four guys next to me had 40 all on frozen Hawkesbury prawns

40 what???

I went on Friday night , decide not to take bait due to the reports on Thursday , did not get one prawn so had to use soft plastics got there at ten left at 12 got my ten ,

First time ever did not see that one prawn ,

All fish were over 40cm ,

Four guys next to me had 40 all on frozen Hawkesbury prawns

40 what!?? were you guys fishing at the mouth?

I just got from from a weekend up there as well, lots of flathead around with the constant running water and no shortage of bait fish and tiny prawns floating around for them to feast on (luckily they seem to be able to see in the muddy water better than us!) We also braved the high waters and mods of wader-clad-warriors to seek out a prawn or two, we ended up with merely a snack, literally a cup full of what I would call shrimp more than prawns, great bait size, but even as bait they seemed to get taken by the pickers.

There were a few guys around saying you have to wait till midnight for the tide to recede but as mentioned above, the tides had absolutely no impact on water level as the lake's water was higher than sea level so it was a constant outgoing flow - perfect for flatties but bloody hard work wading through it.

post-30908-0-32895200-1452459071_thumb.jpg

Waist high when prawning. They are actually almost everywhere but night time is best. Have not try this spot yet, will have to mark it with my handheld GPS next time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this photo can't be taken recently right? water are not where near clear and shallow~ did you even try and scoop them with a net from both side? wonder if you can catch them ?