What growls in the Aussie bush?

locodave

I enjoy exploring and taking on some adventurous tracks! I am currently at coffs harbour where i fell in love with it last time i came.

I have been doing a lot of exploring, beaches, waterfalls, creeks etc.

I came across a track in Bindarri National Park. One of them led to a beautiful waterfall, the other to a picnic area. The one to the picnic area was closed but you could walk it. We decided to walk it and came across a beautiful creek crossing. After taking some pics and so on we crossed over and continued the track, couple of hundred metres in we are walking and i pause and clearly hear a growl. I looked the left from where it came from, left and on the ground and couldn't see anything. Just to make sure i asked the others "did you hear that"? They all did. We pretty much turned around and backed off.

Usually i am not that scared of animals. I know what you can come across, not afraid to see snakes, lizards etc. but this growl caught me off guard and have no idea what it could have been!

Any ideas?

Hahaha, there are koala signs all over coffs harbour! Always wanted to see one in the wild.

As i was walking back i remembered watching a doco when they growl. I did some quick research and it's pretty much the same noise i heard. I think it was a koala, but for some reason when i looked where the noise was coning from, which was quite close towards tje ground i couldn't spot him. So i thought maybe it was a feral dog behind the bushes sizing me up!